Please beware of exotic-motors Saleem Lied about EVERYTHING!

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is back up on ebay now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-GTS-Coupe-2002-VIPER-GTS-GRAPHITE-METALLIC-STRIPES-1-OF-60-WARRAN_W0QQitemZ4637153443QQcategoryZ6209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

First he described the car as flawless, then guaranty a refund on my deposit if I was not happy with the vehicle inspection after finding out the car was totaled and repainted I wanted my refund of $1,000.00 he refused!
This is a Very Dishonest dealership.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would be fuming. I frequently buy and sell high dollar items on ebay. I only pay by credit card on paypal as I can always depend on my credit card company to bail me out if I get shafted. Ebay and paypal have both given me the shaft on a purchase that I paid for but never received. Anyway, I feel your pain, and hopefully you will get your money back and others will learn of their dishonesty. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be fuming. I frequently buy and sell high dollar items on ebay. I only pay by credit card on paypal as I can always depend on my credit card company to bail me out if I get shafted. Ebay and paypal have both given me the shaft on a purchase that I paid for but never received. Anyway, I feel your pain, and hopefully you will get your money back and others will learn of their dishonesty. Good luck to you.

I did pay with Paypal credit card but paypal will not bail me out, so I will have to wait until the bill comes and dipute it.

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, learned a lesson recently from paypal. Sold a motorcycle nitrous system, guy paid through paypal, shipped him item, said he never got it, paypal account froze for 2 weeks while they investigated, paypal came back and said "I won" and unfroze my account, a month later he does a chargeback on his credit card to paypal- paypal holds ME resonsible even though they had already said I won, and freezes my account for -$350.

Lost $350. Couldn't fight credit card myself, paypal did, and ultimately held me responsible.

Lesson Learned- From now on I purchase EVERYTHING with a credit card,NOT your bank account, and ship EVERYTHING signature required, and try and get a money order if possible. Paypal protection is crap for buyer and seller, use your credit card.

Sorry to change subject, but bottom line is that you will get your money back through your credit card!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I learned the same thing. Now I only use Credit Cards

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, learned a lesson recently from paypal. Sold a motorcycle nitrous system, guy paid through paypal, shipped him item, said he never got it, paypal account froze for 2 weeks while they investigated, paypal came back and said "I won" and unfroze my account, a month later he does a chargeback on his credit card to paypal- paypal holds ME resonsible even though they had already said I won, and freezes my account for -$350.

Lost $350. Couldn't fight credit card myself, paypal did, and ultimately held me responsible.

Lesson Learned- From now on I purchase EVERYTHING with a credit card,NOT your bank account, and ship EVERYTHING signature required, and try and get a money order if possible. Paypal protection is crap for buyer and seller, use your credit card.

Sorry to change subject, but bottom line is that you will get your money back through your credit card!

Ya know Paypal kinda *****!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As posted on the VA, Saleem has been around for a few years and has sold some shaddy cars to people on supraforums. He a plan ol scammer and NO one should buy anything from him.

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will cross my post from the VA for those who do not read it and to stay away from this particular GTS in general.

--

I wish you would have posted before giving anyone any money for that car. I went and checked it out about 2 months ago before buying my 2002 GTS. This car was ragged out and rode hard. Supposedly has "only" 12k miles, looked to be more than 120k. The driver side door sagged and didnt shut correctly, holes in the carpet, dash was scarred up, fascia underside was cracked, scratches all over, this car is a major piece of ****.

The guy asks "So you like?" and I said that I was looking for something cleaner and he acted surprised. I immediately pointed out 5 flaws and his only response was "Oh, it was like that when I got it."

Beware, stay away from this hog.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I would do is call your credit card company and they can pull the $$ and return it to you. My brother went through something similiar a couple months ago. He got his $250 deposit back on SUV via the credit card co. He did not use paypal though.

2nd thing I would do is show up and meet Mr. Saleem and take that $1000 out of his ****!
If it was more money, I would call in the boys to take care of it!

People like this Saleem idiot, have it coming.

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what a VCA friend sent me after I gave the (refundable) deposit.
A while ago someone asked me to look at this car. Upon first inspection it looked ok. there were some issues, like the lower valance was ripped and a piece of aluminum was rivited in. the carpet was slightly askew and i thought it was from the removal of a stereo. After digging a little deeper it turns out that this car was built by roe or heffner or some other tuner and the ripped valance in front was from where the intercooler was. the carpet issue was because there was a full cage inside. This car was on ebay awhile ago and the old owner contacted all bidders warning them because the seller misrepresented the car. Apparently it had a complete repaint because someone lost it on a track awhile back. unless you are stealing it, and i mean stealing it, 30's, run.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do they keep deleteing my warning post???????????????????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-GTS-Coupe-2002-VIPER-GTS-GRAPHITE-METALLIC-STRIPES-1-OF-60-WARRAN_W0QQitemZ4637153443QQcategoryZ6209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

First he described the car as flawless, then guaranty a refund on my deposit if I was not happy with the vehicle inspection after finding out the car was totaled and repainted I wanted my refund of $1,000.00 he refused!

You are now in the process of defaming your third dealer. I know nothing about this last guy you are upset with, but I think you would agree I probably know everything about the other two guys you are unhappy with as we have had many phone conversations about them. You have my cell number, as always call me.
Here is the board rule...

3. Negative statements about vendors, customers, or others must be first hand, and substantiated. Furthermore, we reserve the right to hold negative posts until substantiated, and to give the parties reasonable time to work it out.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I am a little hebrew from Skokie Illinois, I believe I can take Saleem and like I said would be happy to pay him another visit.

I am the VCA friend mentioned above and checked out that car for someone else. Saleem misrepresented it to me months ago when I saw it originally. This car has been ridden hard and put away wet. the second owner contacted the bidders months ago and warned them about the shape of this car, that is probably why the current auction is private.
You can tell by my signiture that I am in the car business, have been my entire life. I buy and sell anywhere from 1 to 50 cars per week. Guys like this scumbag, give honest guys like me a bad rap.

The weather is nice tomorrow, I can take a drive, pay him a visit and gladly reclaim your hard earned money.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great to know. I had actually considered a couple of cars from Exotic. Guess I'll steer WAY clear of this dirtbag now. Sorry HardViper, I hope you get your money back and Saleem "gets his".

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are now in the process of defaming your third dealer. I know nothing about this last guy you are upset with, but I think you would agree I probably know everything about the other two guys you are unhappy with as we have had many phone conversations about them. You have my cell number, as always call me.

3. Negative statements about vendors, customers, or others must be first hand, and substantiated. Furthermore, we reserve the right to hold negative posts until substantiated, and to give the parties reasonable time to work it out.
Thanks Lee for not deleting, The VCA guy's need to know the truth.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, I know the guys up in North Jersey (Perf. Auto), that had the Graphite 02' GTS. They are straight people to do business with, and have IMMACULATE vehicles. Someone just go to it first...

As for exotic, I have no idea about them.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the other party I am concerned about is BJ MOTORS, Bernie Katz. Who just happened to show up and buy all the Viper inventory from Performance, probably minutes before HARDVIPER threw down a deposit on it after doing exhaustive research on the car. Timing as they say is everything. But after conversations with both these dealers AND HARDVIPER it would appear that neither of these dealers did anything wrong other than wanting a deposit to hold a car or setting their own price. No harm, no foul. Having said all that, and having had a bunch of phone conversations with HARDVIPER I feel for him, it was the perfect storm for him. Soooo, I know nothing of this latest deal, money is apparently down this time and a disagreement has happened with that deposit. If we could hold the discussion to this current issue and leave Performance and BJ Motors out of it I think we could move on.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the one that had ZEN GARAGE look at the car for me and was high bidder until I received a email from the previous owner stating the car was grossly misrepresented. After he told me what had happened to the car and what was done to repair it I with drew from the auction. When the original auction was posted it had a picture of the vin sticker on the drivers door with a different number than the one that posted on the auction site. I did a carfax on the number and it came up as a yellow 2001 with a California salvage title. I called Seleem about it and he told me the photographer insertd the wrong picture from another car. Come to find out it was the right picture. The door had been replaced and the replacement door must have came off of the salvaged car and they left the sticker on it. Within fifteen minutes of my call to Saleem the picture had been deleted from the auction site.

On another note I did end up getting my VIPER a beautiful 2000 steel gray coupe with a snake 530 package. I joined the club a couple of weeks ago. I called the club wednesday and they told me they were processing my paperwork that day.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The sticker was still on the door, because its illegal to remove the vehicle I.D. . If the bodyshop would have removed that vin and put the original on it, thats a big NO NO when it comes to the police.

Still thats wrong for him to lie about it being the wrong photo. They probably didn't even now that there where 2 different VIN numbers on it till you confronted him about it. This guys doesn't seem to be very BRIGHT

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guy'e for your support. Can anyone tell me what the L means? This is what carfax pulled up?
2002 DODGE VIPER GTS/GTS-L

Thanks again :0)
PS Saleem got me suspended from ebay for 14 days for warning people, maybe you can pick up the ball and stop him from screwing anyone else. :usa:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"1 OF 60 IN THIS COLOR COMBINATION VERY VERY RARE!

EXTENDED DYMLER CHRSLER WARRANTY 6 YEAR OR 70K!"

If you think the color is rare how about that warranty company?

Bill

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F___ him I hate dealers like him we should all post this on every forum we belong to and put him out of business

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exotic Motors is also known as Terrorist Motors around Chitown. I wouldn't buy a tricycle from them.

I hope you find a way to get your deposit back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang