Post your catch can setup

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a few of these same threads floating around. i'll find em for you and post up in a sec.

recently did a custom setup for my valvecovers. still need to take pics though.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is from JMBPerformance.com

It is powdercoated red and it's in the lower right hand corner of this photo.

P9270299.JPG

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is 2 different reasons to run a catch can,
Do you want to vent the:
upper part of the system (valvecovers)
or the lower part of the system (PCV, crankcase)

I was losing oil at trackdays when threshold braking into a righthander. The force causes oil to go to the front of the valvecovers where the vent hose is and leak to the airbox. I lost more than 1/2qt in one day. Now no prob. Then again this can depend alot on the track. Other tracks might be no prob that dont have an off camber sharp righthander...
Also i assume an upgraded brake setup would cause more G's to force the oil foward.
I didnt see a need to catch my pvc system.

These cool looking square ones fit nicely in place of the windshieldwasherfluid bottle to vent the valve covers. The final finish looks very nice. I'll take some pics and post up when i get a chance.
I saw the same one for sale in a tuner shop for 75bucks.
Universal Oil Catch Can Tank 12mm 7" x 3" x 2.5" Blue:eBay Motors (item 200402260988 end time Nov-14-09 15:29:33 PST)
Polished Universal Oil Catch Can Tank NEON SRT4 FOUCS :eBay Motors (item 180432008315 end time Nov-15-09 17:31:13 PST)

If your looking to vent the lower system(pvc) its prob worth investing in a more expensive unit that has baffles to trap the oil vapor.:2tu:

KFactor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This one was bought with the air box from PBJ. They will custom paint the can to whatever you would like. Run from both valve covers into the one can.

***This may been an installer error, but the clamps that come with the catch can will pierce the rubber lines. I ended up re-ordering a stock breather line, like $30, and used the stock clamps (plastic). No issues since.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang