power steering bracket

viperrmike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was out cruising last evening. Got on it after a stop light, shifted to second, the power went down abruptly. Went another 1/2 mile and temp gauge was at 250 deg. Pulled over and the serpentine belt was off. Let it cool down, and drove the 1/2 mile home and parked overnight. Went out today to check the problem. The bracket that holds the power steering pump was broken by all three bolts. Has anyone else seen this or is it a fluke? Will cost $129 for new one, already ordered from Dodge. Any other service i could/ should do while it is off?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's a cast bracket and is too weak (sometimes leading to failure). I first saw this back in about 1998 and have been at a few events it happened. It doesn't seem to matter if they're naturally aspirated or Supercharged. The common denominator is that they were / had been driven hard just before it happened. Maybe a billet one is in order?

Regards,
Sean

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a cast bracket and is too weak (sometimes leading to failure). I first saw this back in about 1998 and have been at a few events it happened. It doesn't seem to matter if they're naturally aspirated or Supercharged. The common denominator is that they were / had been driven hard just before it happened. Maybe a billet one is in order?

Regards,
Sean

Sean!!!!....maybe that could be your next little tidbit to whittle up for the viper community!!..i think that'd be a great idea!!...wadda ya think????...Len :2tu:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call Doug levin Motorsports.They sell billet power steering brakets less than the factory ones. alot stronger

Max

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the DLM billet bracket. So purty it should be on display somewhere. Also, Doug has some stock brackets that I would guess could be had for less than Mopar.