Power steering Cap vent?

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the notes about the Powersteering cap emerged, I went out to tighten mine. The ****** that is on the cap, is it meant to be a high pressure bleed? I couldn't really tell. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After thinking about it some more, it probably isn't high pressure, as the tank doesn't look appropriate for any significant preessure. Is it to bleed off excess fluid in the case where too much was in the reservoir? Or is it for air?

I'm a bit stumped.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the vent is straight through. Run a rubber hose from it to the fender (my car had a convenient hole where something else went through) and you can vent the PSF outside the engine compartment. After a few autocross (sloshing PSF sround) events, you can see the streak inside the fender. May help prevent a little smoke... fire...

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom.
I had this happen to me today after my first autoX
and i was wondering do you know what size hose you used?
it did splash on my new chrome intake and the valve cover.
i wiped it up.
i dont think i lost much
but i will check to see if i need to refill it.

JIM

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When the power steering gets hot, I think it gets kinda foamy in the resevoir, and the fluid level comes up, too.

Make sure you change it with something good, like Red Line, and tighten the cap after every session.

You can do a search on it, and get all kinds of instruction on changing the fluid.