Power!

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that! I know the feeling. When Ike came through Houston my wife and I were without power for 18 days. We didn't cry about it or whine about where was the governement to help, we just ate beans and rice, and eventually my wife roamed the area and when she saw a power company truck forced them to come to our house and fix the problem (a tripped fuse at the transformer).

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took us 7 days. I have two friends in Jersey that are still without power, Day 12 or 13 now? Lost track...

The problem in the North East MtnBiker is that the temperature is in the 30s at night, and houses are dropping into the 40s inside. So its getting a little old....

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. We had high temps and high humidity. I'd take that over cold anyday!!! I sure hope they get power on soon!

OP
OP
H

HISSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with almost two weeks without power, we were still the lucky ones. Only some minor property damage from trees but house remained intact and no flooding.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got lucky as well. Roof damage and one tree. Last year I lost 6 trees. No flooding.

I have a friends that house a condemned flooded condo in Hoboken, AND a shore house with the first floor completely destroys. Two houses and nowhere to live.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
11 days here. The cold showers were really starting to get on my nerves..................................................