Proper way to get in/out of Viper?

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I heard that the proper way to get in the viper is to plop your butt into the seat and swing your legs in. I seem to have difficulty doing this since the steering wheel is in the way and I'm not double jointed ;) So to get out, it would be the reverse which is difficult to do also.

Wondering how you guys get in and out of your viper? Half the time it looks like I am stuck in the car haha.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car makes up for any lack of flexibility and/or grace you display during entry or dismount. Try getting in and out of a competition coupe...

But seriously, open the door wide, go with the right foot into the footwell. Then depending on GTS or RT/10 you either swing your body in (duck for GTS) and land your rear into the bucket or onto the sill depending on your flexibility. Finally lift and insert your left foot into the foot well.

Again, depending on your personal flexibility, you'll have to make some different motions, sometimes lot of small movements will be needed. Best to take your time and do it right then to get caught falling back into or out of your car. Little kids love to point and laugh (actually envious adults do too). Good Luck.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try putting your right foot in on the mat first, and then lower your butt.....grabbing the ssteering wheel and next put your left foot in and youre done..

I agree...getting out is not easy if you put both feet out first....Instead, try placing your left foot out first , and then using the steering wheel for leverage,(with your right hand) push yourself out...done..

Best, Dave

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as* in seat swing legs in, reverse getting out. Be sure to "spring" out so you don't look like an old geaser!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so excited getting in a Viper that I just take a running start and dive in the window. It's a little ******* the seats but, what the hell. :D

NAT...THAT WAS THE BEST POST I EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLO

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the proper way to get out of your viper would be at the finish line in victory lane after your smoke all the competition in a road race. the proper way to get in your viper would be to open the door for the trophy girl and let her get in your passenger seat 1st, before you get back in your viper and drive off with the checkered flag in hand to make your victory lap. :cool:

OP
OP
D

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so excited getting in a Viper that I just take a running start and dive in the window. It's a little ******* the seats but, what the hell. :D

I like this method the best ha :headbang:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember the simple acronym, "ORGDBLC".

Open the door.
Right foot in.
Grab wheel.
Duck head forward.
Butt into seat.
Left leg in.
Close door.

It's easy to remember, it's the word you always say when you forget to duck and hit your head. ORGDBLC *&^#%$!!!

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If she has a skirt on ...never mind. I get in slowly, unravel and make varoom noises until the snow melts. I tried just letting the engine idle and then rev it some, but when I woke up some guy was doing mouth to mouth...I learned my lesson always open the garage door or EMS sends you a bill. just my .02

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the proper way to wipe my a$$? should i stand up and dig? or stay seated and reach b/w my legs and slide forward?

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only guy here who is not Old or Fat?.....getting in and out of a viper has never seemed difficult enough that I had to actually think about it.

Try clambering into the center seat of a McLaren F1.....trying to close the door...realizing that you can't reach the door....moving back to the passenger seat...closing the door....then climbing back to the driver's seat....now that is interesting.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try taking off you pants and putting your underwear over your head, that should give you some extra room. :laugh:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You put the right leg in......
You take the right leg out...
and you shake it all about...
You put the left leg in .......

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any better. ;)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A trick to getting out gracefully, is to use your left elbow as a fulcrum. This works as a pivot which easily takes your weight off your legs, and smoothly levers you out of the car.
Getting in is easier, as gravity is your friend.
Atkins works wonders as well.
Enjoy your ride.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think it might have something to do with me being 437lbs?

Yes. But at 437, there should be quite a few difficult cars to get out of. Height is also a disadvantage.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the davit from my old boat to lift me in and out...thats why you never see me get out once I leave the house

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Mark from Ringgold how I got in my GTS during my test drive...Hey I am a fat bastard..but he didn't laugh.....to hard. It made me join the gym.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really it doesn't matter how you get in. It's when your getting out that you realize you just had one he!! of a good time. Darn car makes me smile like a new dad every time I pull the cover off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang