Prototypes for sale

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all.

If anyone is looking for a hard top that will fit in the trunk (RED gen 1) for a cheap price may be interested in the two prototypes I have. The first would be the original aluminum one that I have shown many photos of and is the one used in the web site and advertising pics. The top is in good condition but has a few paint flaws as it was the plug to make the mold for the fiberglass versions. I give the paint a 7 out of 10 rating overall. Looks great from a few feet away. It is using the older weather stripping design but should still function decent. Truly a unique piece as it is the only aluminum one that exists. I was going to keep it simply because it is a bit dear to my heart but as I watch it collect dust I realized it is simply wasting away sitting around.

Next is the fiberglass unit #1 which is what I have been using on my car the last few months. Nothing really wrong with it as the paint looks great and everything funtions fine. Some of the trim on the inside is not as nice as the current production version but no big deal. It is using the "beta" version of the weather srtip but has been holding up great in what rain I have experienced. The reason for the sale of this top is because I am moving on another step in the design in that most of the red and black tops shipping in the next few weeks will be made with deep glossy gel coat and not painted. This is assuming I can get the gel coat to match and it will be the next test version to be running on my car. All other colors will be painted.

Prototypes are $1000 ea. I can include non slider windows that were cut down a little shorter that I would have deemed perfect for an additional $600. This will help someone who is looking for the whole package for a "B" stock price.

Thanks

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These tops only work with the special fit windows. If you currently have a set of Vmainia windows they can be made to fit free of charge. After modification, they will only work with this top.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your interest everyone. Both tops are now spoken for, It's simply a matter of finishing the transaction.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog