purchasing my viper soon, undecided on what to do first

subyguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all

just a quick desription of myself and my automotive past. I have owned and driven the best of all worlds as far as i can afford. I started with a 2005 wrx sti, it was a blast and easy to modify. possibly the best car bang for buck that ive owned, running around 400hp. Then upgraded to a 2001 M3 convertible fully done up but stock engine. I liked it but it didnt have enough punch i find. Was good with the ladies but for me was more of a show off car. I currently own and selling a 2004 svt cobra convertible. Fastes car i woned at 500hp. The car is a blast, reliable but i find that its just to commen. I am from canada and almost everyone owns mustangs here, granted its an SVT but still looks like a mustang.
Anyway, im turning 30 this year and ever since the first RT/10 was introduced i fell in love. I told myself i need to own this monster before im 30 and with a couple of good financial moves i am now in a position to pull the trigger.
It was a debate between a red 97 rt with 19000 miles at $27K or a silver 99 rt with 34000 miles at $30K. I chose the 97 so i could lightly mod it to my taste.
I dont know what to do first, it needs tires so i was thinking of upgrading to a 03 setup wheels and tires, or keep the stockers with new rubber and get an exhaust/intake short shifter etc and maybe get some new wheels in a couple of years
i find the OE 17's suit the car but they are a little to small.

just wanted to get some opinions off the experts, i really love this site. By far the nicest and most helpful people on any other car forum.
i cant wait to make a dream come true, to me its more than a car its like accomplishing something huge.
plus i told my wife that we need to get a viper then we can have kids lol. needless to say she was she is happy

Reaction score
The Gen3 wheels will update it nicely, but I like the 17's myself on the RT unless you want a brake upgrade sometime down the line. You will get a great power boost doing headers and exhaust, 50hp ish, and if it is in the budget gears will make it much more entertaining, maybe a 3.55.

New rubber is of course most important if your going to use any of this other stuff :rolaugh:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always a good idea to change out the fluids. I prefer stock but most people like to change the tone of the exhaust and there are a lot of options annd configurations for mufflers, cats and headers.

welcome

Bruce

OP
OP
S

subyguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to change all the fluids for sure but for now i can only afford about $3K of mods and i want to get the most for my money. I like the 10 spoke wheel upgrade but there is still something i find not right with those wheels on a gen 1 & 2. i prefer the deep dish look but for now its out of budget.

do you think with just a catback/intake i will get that lumpy cam sound louder. 3.55's is a nice upgrade also

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to change all the fluids for sure but for now i can only afford about $3K of mods and i want to get the most for my money. I like the 10 spoke wheel upgrade but there is still something i find not right with those wheels on a gen 1 & 2. i prefer the deep dish look but for now its out of budget.

do you think with just a catback/intake i will get that lumpy cam sound louder. 3.55's is a nice upgrade also

A VIper will never have that V8 sound. There are some threads with video clips here to get you started.

Joining the VCA is another good MOD :2tu:

Bruce

OP
OP
S

subyguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i know i will never get tha v8 rumble, i found the x pipe exhausts have a nice note, its the cam sound that i like the most

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I upgrade to Gen 3 rims I might have Gen 2 rims for sale ;p

btw, keep looking for that soft top, I found one from a guy in Miami, was 1050$ shipped and it was brand new, the guy had never used it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21