question for anyone running aftermarket fan(s)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have realized that i will have to remove my factory fan setup to make room for the supercharger.

what do you guys recommend? i am retaining the AC system BTW. a fan that plugs into the factory wiring would be ideal. what works best? thanks.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have tried all types of spal fans and the best fan to use if the 99 on up stock fans.

TRUST ME ON THIS before you waste money like I did.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can the 99 and up fan be mounted on the front of the radiator?

No, I don't believe so; it is a pull type fan. If you mount one in front of the radiator you need a push type fan. I don't think pusher fans are quite as efficient as the pull fans of the same size. You can trim some of the shroud back on the '99 and up fans and gain an 1 1/2" of clearance where needed. Just don't trim too much of it out.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What kind of supercharger system are you putting in? Here's my pic of my custom made supercharger system and I used the stock 99 fan on up. Fits in there fine.

440DSC05391.JPG

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh,

I also found that the push type fan actually hindered air from freely flowing in. Caused an over heating issue. It actually blocked air.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed a 4000 CFM dual fan set up, dual relays and an adjustable temperature controller from Jegs with a custom shroud. With this set up along with a 180 thermostat I can control my temperature to an exact setting.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I also found that the push type fan actually hindered air from freely flowing in. Caused an over heating issue. It actually blocked air >>

very interesting.

ab, i am running a vortech. where your popoff valve is located, is where my intercooler goes. i will look at doing some trimming tonight of the stock fan, to see if that will work.

GTSP - do you run your fans in front or behind the radiator?

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSPOWERED- can you post some pics of your fan setup. I was going to use a dual Flex a Lite fan(4200cfm). Have the stock computer control 1 fan and use the flex a lite fan controler to control the other. With a modified shroud to fit my radiator, if think it would be better than the stocker. I guess I will find out soon.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperkraz. The car is in a car capsule for the winter. If you like I could find all the information on the parts and list them out for you.
The system works better than I ever thought it would. The only draw back is the noise. I tied it into the factory wiring using the pig tail from the old OEM fan set up so the AC requirements would operate properly and for a back up if my adjustable system failed.

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSPOWERED- Sounds like you have a great setup there. Please! Any info. would be helpfull. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang