Question from a Newbie

Doomraven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, I am new to this forum and I have an experience I would like to share with you all.

I am graduating with a masters degree in May and have been very fortunate to have been picked up by a very reputable financial firm. This wonderful opportunity will allow me to get one of the dream cars that I never thought I would be able to afford anytime soon so I took off to the local Dodge dealership where my bubble was promptly burst. Before I even got out of the car, there was a salesman hovering over me, waiting for me to get out. He asked me if I needed help finding something and I politely said that I was interested in looking at a Viper. A look of surprise washed over the salesman and he asked me to repeat what I said (very odd). So he proceeds to take me into the showroom where they had a white 2009 ACR with blue stripes. Not, my color, but I was excited to get the chance to look it over. I usually know a bit about a car before I ever visit a dealer so I like to test a salesman with a few simple questions about the vehicle. He proceeds to tell me that the ACR only made 495 hp along with some other facts that were completely off. The guy didn't seem interested in anything I had to say and never once made eye contact with me when I asked him a question and to top it off he said that the Viper had been discontinued and this particular car is going for $140K. After being told to "just go online and don't look for a new one here" I promptly left the dealership.

So I guess the question would be, is the Viper really being discontinued after this model year? I sincerely hope not, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

By far the worst car buying experience I have ever been a par of!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no current plans to discontinue the Viper brand. A few threads have already indicated a 2010 model. Where are you located? I knew of this same car color combo located in Lincoln NE.

Bruce

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't let him determine your car future, buy from one of the outstanding dealers here (like v-miss said)

you won't regret it

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Woodhouse | Woodhouse Auto Family | Bellevue Omaha Blair Nebraska | Missouri Valley Iowa Bill Pemberton
Tator's Dodge Chuck Tator
www.romocoinc. Roanoke Dodge John Gastman or Dennis Rocke

Also check the list of site supporting dealers, there are quite a few more and I can't remember their websites off the top of my head.

Stick with a dealer that has a relationship with this site and they will be friendly, knowledgeable and honest.
The Viper buying experience is different than other cars. Many of us buy cars sight unseen from a dealer we trust who has been recommended here. Distance is no object, they all deliver in enclosed trailers to your front door.
Also, do not expect a test drive, most of the reputable dealers will not allow that as no one wants a brand new Viper that has been flogged by salemaen and their prospects. The fact that the initial 1,000 mile breakin needs to be done in a somewhat reasonable manner leads to this policy also.

As to the Vipers future no one can predict the ultimate outcome for sure at this point, but we all have high hopes that there will be a successful bidder who will take over production of the car. At this point it might have the brightest future of any Chrysler car.
If you are looking for a new 09 I suggest getting an order in quickly, there is a backlog ofr orders and we have been told it will be a rather limited production year due to the long plant shut down that just ended.

OP
OP
D

Doomraven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. The car was at a dealership on 180th and Dodge St. in Omaha, NE.

I was not expecting to drive the car, but the salesman would not even let me touch the thing. Anyhow, they will not be getting my business now and I will take you guys up on the advice and look at some of the sponsored dealers here. My purchasing window will be sometime towards the end of Q4 or possibly early Q1 depending on business so I hope I will be able to procure one by then.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, I am new to this forum and I have an experience I would like to share with you all.

I am graduating with a masters degree in May and have been very fortunate to have been picked up by a very reputable financial firm. This wonderful opportunity will allow me to get one of the dream cars that I never thought I would be able to afford anytime..

1) CONGRATS on landing a good job in this economy. Fan-Dam-Tastic!

2) Dodge did not originally intend for all 2200+ Dodge dealers to carry Vipers. Your experience highlights exaclty why those Team Viper founders were correct. You should have RUN from there, not walked..... shameful, sorry.

DO USE the "VCA DEALERS" as Lee noted, and don't forget Buhler in NJ and Tomball in TX and Ringgold in GA. YOUR LOCATION MATTERS LITTLE ! And dont wait too long. While the '09 DODGE Viper is still open to orders, and you can probably get your 1st choice, there is a good selection of CONFIRMED cars in "D" Status that will be built, and can be yours.

And the dealers cited have an EXACT knowledge of where they are and offer competitive prices.

As for a 2010 Viper................ there is a normal process to bring out a new MY car, of Pilot, PVP-Containment- and then production cars. NOTHING that I know of has stopped the normal processes toward a 2010 Viper. {but meteorites exist!) Water-cooler-wisdom currently says that the new MY may not be a DODGE Viper but an "X" Viper in 2010.

Carpe Diem ..........and good luck.

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. The car was at a dealership on 180th and Dodge St. in Omaha, NE.

I was not expecting to drive the car, but the salesman would not even let me touch the thing. Anyhow, they will not be getting my business now and I will take you guys up on the advice and look at some of the sponsored dealers here. My purchasing window will be sometime towards the end of Q4 or possibly early Q1 depending on business so I hope I will be able to procure one by then.

Ouch. that is where I got my car. I have had nothing but good luck with them. Woodhouse may be in your best interest though. plus that car was in lincoln, they only have the White with black center car for sale

Bruce

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealers can be rude but sometimes you can't blame em. My recent trip to the dealer I had a view of my viper right outside, some guy stopped his car on the road to walk around my car and check it out. I'm not one to want attention that stuff bothers me.

I'd never have this car as a daily or get in debt for it. If you get it and have a hefty monthly payment and have to worry about where it's parked don't even consider it until your settled in your career.

OP
OP
D

Doomraven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick update:

Bill invited me up to the Viper Pit this week and WOW it was a cool experience. I had no idea that this place was only a 20 minute drive away from my home. Bill was an outstanding source of information and let me enjoy my "kid in a candy store" enthusiasm. What a great facility and group of employees at Woodhouse. By far the best dealership experience I have ever had and I didn't even buy the car yet. I can't wait to go back when he gets some new inventory in to drool over until I can get all my duckies in a row to buy one.

So I certainly have the Viper fever now and can't wait until all the ducks are in a row so that I can bring one home with me!

V

Venomiss

Just a quick update:

Bill invited me up to the Viper Pit this week and WOW it was a cool experience. I had no idea that this place was only a 20 minute drive away from my home. Bill was an outstanding source of information and let me enjoy my "kid in a candy store" enthusiasm. What a great facility and group of employees at Woodhouse. By far the best dealership experience I have ever had and I didn't even buy the car yet. I can't wait to go back when he gets some new inventory in to drool over until I can get all my duckies in a row to buy one.

So I certainly have the Viper fever now and can't wait until all the ducks are in a row so that I can bring one home with me!

Did you take some pictures?:) Good for you on your start to Viper ownership.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill is one of the best! If not the best one!
:D
You are one lucky dude living so close to woodhouse :drive:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just there Wednesday to get a Battery Tender and had a few questions on my 08 coupe. They are nice to have close to home. Saw a 96 GTS with the pace car decals getting new rims and tires and an 09 white coupe off to it's new home.

Bruce

OP
OP
D

Doomraven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we stopped into the service dept to take a look at that blue pace car. It's pretty nice. They also have one SSG left in the warehouse that looks amazing in person!

~edit: I was also there last Wednesday around 1:00-2:30. Maybe I just missed you!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just there Wednesday to get a Battery Tender and had a few questions on my 08 coupe. They are nice to have close to home. Saw a 96 GTS with the pace car decals getting new rims and tires and an 09 white coupe off to it's new home.

Bruce

Sounds like Hiss's new car to me!:yay::yay:

Doom - Glad you got to a dealer that treated you well! I went through similar things when I was looking for my car. Dont let it get under your skin!

As for your dream, keep it alive! Best feeling in the words when you get your Viper! Keep thinking positive and keep dreaming. It will come!:)

Also to consider, with all of the deals on used ones, you could go with a low milage unit saving you a bit up front.

Robert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32