Quick fix...

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news, but I just removed the sun visors on my vert and it made a world of difference. Inside, head room feels doubled (might be b/c I am 6'3"...but my dad who is 5'10" liked it too) and from the outside it looks way more streamlined. If you have a vert I would recommend taking them off now! Once again I am not sure if this is a stupid post, but I sure think it is worth doing.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed mine on my Coupe, along with a 1" Seat Lowering Kit and now I've got plenty of room. I'm ~6'4".:)

Definite Good Mod if you need a little more space!:2tu:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed mine for a different reason. It eliminated the exhaust fumes from entering the cockpit of the viper when the top is down. With the visors installed the fumes from cars in front of me would be sucked in.

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one thing we definitely would like to do, the visors only seem to just get in the way, we keep hitting our heads on them! And, with the top down, they just look 'out-of-place'.
~juli~

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of removing mine however during slow city driving and traffic, they can be used to deflect cool air into the cabin on a hot day. this can be done by simply raising them into the wind stream. Works really well however over 60 or so the wind will force them down but at that speed the car should be cooler.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just what Nader said- cooling cabin using the visors as deflectors.
I lowered my seat 2" because I'm 6'6" and I have never heit my head on the visors.

PBR

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The amount of cool air that they can put into you cabin on a warm day is amazing. Mine are still in too.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too used to move the visors so they brought in cool outside air until one day when I started to feel dizzy form the exhaust fumes I was breathing in from the cars I was behind on the interstate.

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried it too, since the others posted about cooling the interior...didn't find that at all, like you, Robbie, found the fumes overpowering (unfortunately, like you probably Robbie, we have MANY city streets to go thru just to get to a highway)...no thanx!! I prefer the look of the vert with the top down withOUT the visors...just looks better, IMO...to each their own however!!
~juli~

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed mine on my Coupe, along with a 1" Seat Lowering Kit and now I've got plenty of room. I'm ~6'4".:)

Definite Good Mod if you need a little more space!:2tu:

Hamrhead, they seem useless in the coupe, all or nothing, and in all I lose 1/2 of the forward vison.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried it too, since the others posted about cooling the interior...didn't find that at all, like you, Robbie, found the fumes overpowering (unfortunately, like you probably Robbie, we have MANY city streets to go thru just to get to a highway)...no thanx!! I prefer the look of the vert with the top down withOUT the visors...just looks better, IMO...to each their own however!!
~juli~

Mike & Juli,

Thanks for your true-full comments. The truth is that this has always been a problem in roadsters. It is not worth the chance to get carbon monoxide poisoning. I passed out once in my shop when the hose of a car I was testing in the winter fell off the exhaust pipe and I did not know it. My wife found me on the floor. Thank god she came to bring me a cup of coffee as I still have no memory of it happening to me. There I was adjusting the engine and the next thing I know I was in the ambulance. I was sick for a week.

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie: Glad also your wife came in, I've been IN shops before where the hose HAS fallen off while mechanics were working on various other areas of the cars, and luckily found that or someone else pointed it out, CAN and DOES happen. You will always get positive feedback from me, and honest comments...I refuse to be negative...have too much invested in my OWN health and health of others not to do that, or at least TRY not to do that. ~juli~

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie: Glad also your wife came in, I've been IN shops before where the hose HAS fallen off while mechanics were working on various other areas of the cars, and luckily found that or someone else pointed it out, CAN and DOES happen. You will always get positive feedback from me, and honest comments...I refuse to be negative...have too much invested in my OWN health and health of others not to do that, or at least TRY not to do that. ~juli~

Thank you, :2tu:

If you are in my neck of the woods look me up and let go driving.:drive:

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a blast, Robbie!!! Unfortunately, we don't get to CT at all....but thank you for the invitation, that WOULD be fun!! :drive: :cool: ~juli~

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just removed mine last week, I have had the car for 3 years and have been meaning to take them off, but i would think of it everytime I would leave and say "damn I have to take these off tomorrow", anyways I love it without them much much better!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te