Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a GTS.

GTS2Seater.JPG

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set of Cobra seats in my car fixed. Door sightly hits the edge but really not much. I'm going to pull them and sell them soon with the mounting brackets. The best part is they are low and I can clear my helmet, actully put it on with the shoulder belts on....

Last edited:

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to install the Sparco Pro 2000... they did not fit as they are to wide (shoulder bolsters) the original Viper seats are approx 50cm wide and more or less all aftermarket racing seat are approx 60 cm wide ...i.e you cannot close the doors... :(
Except the Tillet Racing seats....http://www.tillett.co.uk/ they are slimmer and will fit like a charm...

Last edited:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What size are they Carl? Let me know when you put them on the market.

IDK but I can fit my 38" waist in it no problem. Dan Everts (he's bigger than me) fit also though he had to bolt it all the way back. There are a few positions to mount. I tend to like a little closer driving position.

I have a guy local that also wants them so I'll keep you posted.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to install the Sparco Pro 2000... they did not fit as they are to wide (shoulder bolsters) the original Viper seats are approx 50cm wide and more or less all aftermarket racing seat are approx 60 cm wide ...i.e you cannot close the doors... :(
Except the Tillet Racing seats....http://www.tillett.co.uk/ they are slimmer and will fit like a charm...

weird, mine fit fine

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which model you using? Very interested in their product ie a narrow seat for my narrow ass that fits the car.

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The B6F Race Car Seat

The NEW B6F FIA 8855 – 1999 homologated seat is now available.
You must be registered for see images attach

The B6 F has the same comfortable inner shape as the regular B6 but it has a super strong full rear frame.

This new model brings a unique seat into the range of FIA homologated seats currently available. The B6 F now gives the many historic and narrow cockpit cars an FIA seat option that did not previously exist .

The seat weigh's 7.5 kg and is also available with a carbon fibre front skin which adds to the visual appeal.

The seat has new extra strong side mounts and can be used with the aluminium
TB1 brackets to floor fit. It also has in built additional upper and headrest mounting point as standard, for unbelievable rigidity and security.

This model has an option of being supplied with the rolled edge cut off to narrow it to 41 cm for cars with extra small cockpits. Although it should be noted that seats bought with this modification will not be supplied with FIA homologation.

The B6 F is supplied complete with a Dinamica ® suede covered headrest pad as standard. It also has the option of matching back and cushion panels in black or red.

Last edited:

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing a set of LS series Recaro seats in a GTS? Will they fit?

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's not a matter of brand ...it's the width of seat ...the Viper Gts has cousy tight cockpit...:drive:

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't know how much this helps, but I have recaro pole positions in my GTS... Custom brackets so they're still adjustable, but they do sit right up against the door near the shoulder.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know how much this helps, but I have recaro pole positions in my GTS... Custom brackets so they're still adjustable, but they do sit right up against the door near the shoulder.

Do the hip bolsters give a wedgie when entering or exiting the car? Or do you clear them? They look like they stick up a bit, which is nice from a butt containment aspect, but bad from a butt crack aspect.

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the hip bolsters give a wedgie when entering or exiting the car? Or do you clear them? They look like they stick up a bit, which is nice from a butt containment aspect, but bad from a butt crack aspect.

Personally they don't for me, but I could see how they may for some. I'm 6' and 160lbs, so I kind of just fall right into them with little effort... If I was shorter though I would probably wouldn't clear the hip bolsters.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang