Radio install in an ACR ********?

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a ACR but some of them are ******** editions. I was thinking of putting a radio and speakers in one if I buy it. Does anyone know if there is already wire for the radio and speakers in the wiring harness? Are there still the mounting accessories in the dash for a radio? Do the speakers need to have brackets installed or are they still there from the factory? Any help?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have a car spotted to purchase. It would be easier to buy a non ******** Viper with a stereo already installed.

Bruce

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 ******** has the wiring but it does not have the speaker mounting in the center console. The door has the location and I am unsure of the tweeter location as I have not taken that apart. As for the stereo mounting hardware there is none.

Hope this helps and agree that if you are going to add a stereo get a non ********. There is no insulation or carpet in the trunk and the road noise is amplified.

I'm considering buying a ACR but some of them are ******** editions. I was thinking of putting a radio and speakers in one if I buy it. Does anyone know if there is already wire for the radio and speakers in the wiring harness? Are there still the mounting accessories in the dash for a radio? Do the speakers need to have brackets installed or are they still there from the factory? Any help?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARe you looking @ 09's or 10's. Have you considered an 08 ? If so i have a ********* with very low mileage.

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a ******** as it was the color / price I wanted, but I really wanted a 'standard' ACR. I ended up buying rear carpet from a friend who had a wreck converted to a race car as well as his stereo, amp and speakers. The carpet made a HUGE difference in road noise (FYI).

The wiring for all the speakers is all THERE (My car is an 09). The tweeters up on the dash under the front window were both there (not removed) and needed nothing. I installed the amp (plugged right in), used hardware from Home Depot - but the seat needs to be removed of course. Door speakers were easy too, wiring was taped there in each door. Bass speaker and small rears were more challenging as as the rear trim piece had to be almost fully removed (I ended up pulling both seats) but its more awkward than it is hard! You need the plastic bass unit that mounts into the rear wall (got hardware from Autozone - mounting locations were there) and the bass speaker screws into that. Again, all the wiring is there - just needs to be revealed by unwrapping the ends that are wrapped in black tape.

I hope that helps!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang