Rear Fascia bolts question?

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I have noticed that the bolts under my rear fascia are all rusty looking. I remembered seeing a post on here in regards to changing them out for stainless steel bolts. I went to Lowe's and Ace hardware looking for something similar to replace the bolts with and could not find anything quite like the OEM versions. For those that have replaced the bolts, could you tell me where you got them from and maybe an image of one of the bolts so I can see what exactly you used? I found bolts that were similar, but they did not have that tappered tip at the end like the OEM ones do.

Thanks,
Brian

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road salt.

Mine are still black, but winter cleaning requires removing (to better wax the aea) and spraying with WD-40.

I'd just get some originals from DC

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pocketAA....the tapered should not matter. As long as the thread is correct. I would also watch for the size of the washer as the original hardware will have dented the plastic panel where the washer pressed.

I pulled mine, blasted them, and re-shot with flat black. They originals are phosphated, and they do not hold up.

RandyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get them through DC. You might want to get the nuts also. Some people think they need a breaker bar to tighten everything. Four of mine were stripped on the left side.

Randy

8499FasciaBolts-med.JPG

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah those are them, on the right of the above image. If I order them through DC, my guess is they are just going to oxide again like the old ones did. The guy who owned the car before me was very meticulous with the car. I doubt the car has seen rain or even any kind of salt from winter months. What if I paint them, will that prevent them from rusting?

Thanks.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look in your phone book for "powder coating". have them shot in your body color. they should last forever

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to get dome head allen screws and large diameter washers in stainless. They are unc thread. Think they might be used on some applications of Harley
I got mine in the UK several years ago