red/white striped prototype

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the back? I have to believe it is a body color back panel with the stripes on it or it would be way to busy back there. Any shots of the back?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the back? I have to believe it is a body color back panel with the stripes on it or it would be way to busy back there. Any shots of the back?

No shot of the back. This photo was just posted on te drive SRT Facebook page. Still cool none the less.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, but that frontend isnt growing on my like I would like it to. Its just aggressive enough.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hooray "normal" width stripes...non of this 2008/2010 stripe crap
I agree.. Normal width stripes are my favorite. They better offer it with a bunch of different stripe/color combos.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope.

I like the way the race car is stripped with the stripes changing the color of the whole top.;)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like the 08-09 stripes better, but what it is....is. This is better than the 2010, IMO. I would also like to see the stripes which are going to be offered for the base SRT Viper-- both the front and rear view. I have heard they don't extend into the front fascia. I imagine Ralph has made the selection by now.

Bill

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like the 08-09 stripes better, but what it is....is. This is better than the 2010, IMO. I would also like to see the stripes which are going to be offered for the base SRT Viper-- both the front and rear view. I have heard they don't extend into the front fascia. I imagine Ralph has made the selection by now.

Bill

Bill it was my understanding the GTS will be recieving the new style stripes...I'd be looking at the Hot Wheels car from March...remember that pattern? No chance it was randomly chosen by Hot Wheels.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill it was my understanding the GTS will be receiving the new style stripes...I'd be looking at the Hot Wheels car from March...remember that pattern? No chance it was randomly chosen by Hot Wheels.

Hank, I definitely agree with the no chance the Hot Wheels pattern was a random selection. I wonder why they keep showing the traditional stripes with the GTS exclusive hood? The Hot Wheels pattern makes sense for the GTS especially with the rear applique.

Bill

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why they keep showing the traditional stripes with the GTS exclusive hood? The Hot Wheels pattern makes sense for the GTS especially with the rear applique.

Bill

Last I knew they still didn't have any SRT hoods made yet. Just GTS hoods right now. A lot of the mules (from what I have heard) are actually SRT's but they have GTS parts on them because thats all they have available to them at the moment.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks ok from that angle, but IMO it looks really weird with the deep dish hood cut-outs from normal viewing height.
The stripe goes in and comes out of this gulley...dunno.....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does nothing for me. This is the first Viper that stripes don't look good on to me. Its that weak front end treatment. To me it just doesn't work with stripes...I hope they dont put the stripes through the carbon fiber panel on the rear of the GTS.

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That photo looks like someone who put a "viper" body kit on some other kind of car then put it up for sale on ebay.. :crazy2:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, but that frontend isnt growing on my like I would like it to. Its just aggressive enough.

I'm with you...I can't quite put my finger on it, but it is definitely lacking the aggressiveness of other generations IMO. :dunno: Love the rest of the body though.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the head lights were horizontal I think that would fix the problem with the front end. The grill is pretty aggressive, just front on view the headlights could be better. I like the way the headlights look at other angles though, but yeah front on it looks odd.