redlined bad now not running right

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it is a quick and easy fix as well. I have really missed all of the high quality helmet cam footage of Twister flogging his car in a pretend race, and none of that is possible unless old yeller makes a speedy recovery.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the Jeffrie's Tube...just needs to be cleaned with a shot of Liquid Wrench.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeem, you seem to be able to type in a manner that is easily communicated to Twister. Perhaps you could volunteer your time to convert the manual in to illiterate for Twister so he can get through his compression test. It is times like these that really pull the Viper community together for the greater good.

Jeem jew da mang+

Oh mang - ju guys are CRAYsee!

I'l do eet! :D

Jeem

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, you guys know that that's mock Hispanic not mock Hawaiian, right? Twister lives in hawaii but he's not Hawaiian. In fact, he may be of Hispanic heritage.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...

My moms 1/2 african american and half native american (cherokee)

My dads 3/4 caucasian (blonde hair and blue eyes) and 1/4 native american (cherokee)

So im a black/white/indian guy who looks hispanic yet has a bad lisp and slurred speech due to hearing difficulties and talks like a polyneasian..

Just sayin...LOL...

So you cant really make fun of me without makeing fun of all nationalities...LOL..

tread lightly

(j/K)

heres my non mechanic thoughts on what happenned or what I hope happenned

-the spark plug that was very loose and just came out with any effort was vibrated loose during my multiple 1/4 mile passes and the redline is what finally made it so loose that the contact was no longer good resulting in the misfire.

-the misfire was so violent at WOT for those few seconds as I completed the 1/4 mile pass that the exhaust bolts that were slightly loose rattled to the extent were they also came loose

-The misfire from the loose number 1 plug caused the number 2 plug on the oppisit side of the engine block to blacken and also be slightly wet

-changing the plugs and bolting on the exhaust would have been enough. But i stripped the wires on a boot or two due to inexperiance..

-magically everything will be ok when the dealer doesthe new plugs and wires

their are defiently some holes in my reasoning...but im just hopeing for the best

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it is a quick and easy fix as well. I have really missed all of the high quality helmet cam footage of Twister flogging his car in a pretend race, and none of that is possible unless old yeller makes a speedy recovery.

what you know about pretend races tucker

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlySLoioxcw[/media]

call me all the funny names you want..But I have fun with my car:drive:

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, you guys know that that's mock Hispanic not mock Hawaiian, right? Twister lives in hawaii but he's not Hawaiian. In fact, he may be of Hispanic heritage.

At the point (long since past), that it appeared all common sense trouble-shooting advice seemed to fall on deaf ears, it somehow struck me to try a bit of common "senseless"...how/why it took the form of a vernacular 'a la Tony Montana'? :dunno:

and doan ju forget it mang!

Jee'im! ;)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been away watching Hawaii 5-0. Great show. Makes me want to go there sometime and hook up with Twister and his twisted sisters. Anyway Twister, you need to get a spot on that show with your Viper. Even if it's in the background. That would be great.

When will you know the VERDICT on your car?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what you know about pretend races tucker

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlySLoioxcw[/media]

I kept waiting for the "we will rock you" part, then I realized your wipers were just screwed up.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept waiting for the "we will rock you" part, then I realized your wipers were just screwed up.

Thats good... :lmao:

"Buddy you're a boy make a big noise
Racin' in the street gonna be a big man some day....."

Jim

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been away watching Hawaii 5-0. Great show. Makes me want to go there sometime and hook up with Twister and his twisted sisters. Anyway Twister, you need to get a spot on that show with your Viper. Even if it's in the background. That would be great.

When will you know the VERDICT on your car?

actually it's funny you should mention this..I was working in an area were they had all the filming of the movie going on..hawaii 5-0 right????

They had security guards their watching over everything..They actually gave me a bunch of sodas and hotdogs and we talked for a while..

i had no idea they were shooting the hawaii 50...I only went over their because i noticed a few newer camaros all parked over by trailers were theirs usually no cars or anything..So I was just inquiring on why all the kool camaros in one area...

Thats when they told me that they used the camaros in the movie...Wich I find pretty kool as a prior camaro owner my self

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no purpose what so ever....I was just testing my camera set up on a pretty kool car. Havent seen another real mustang saleen since.

I thought it was really kool to run into a saleen. And this one seemed pretty nice. although if I remember correctly it was a 281 saleen? Or 351..I forget what the badging was but it was actually pretty sweet. I would have really liked to see it's acelleration capabilities but weather would not permit.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually it's funny you should mention this..I was working in an area were they had all the filming of the movie going on..hawaii 5-0 right????

They had security guards their watching over everything..They actually gave me a bunch of sodas and hotdogs and we talked for a while..

i had no idea they were shooting the hawaii 50...I only went over their because i noticed a few newer camaros all parked over by trailers were theirs usually no cars or anything..So I was just inquiring on why all the kool camaros in one area...

Thats when they told me that they used the camaros in the movie...Wich I find pretty kool as a prior camaro owner my self

Now...it ALL makes sense. :D (sorry, could not resist)

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So.... Are we EVER going to hear what was f$%#@$ up with the car?????

Any word from the dealer/mechanic?

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-dropped the car off Monday...got a call tuesday..

Mr. GXXXXXXXXX.....Our mechanic says it looks like you may be correct and the wires appear to be in bad shape. We checked the books and it is a 4 hour job to change the wires...Plus you will need new manifold gaskets. It is 120$ per hour.

I gotta do what I gotta do..But I could have sworn it was 75$ an hour..At the most 90-100$...But now 120$....????? And 4 hours to change the wires...

Any of you true gear heads can confirm the 4 hour thing..I mean I think it would take me 4-5 hours..But not a mechanic

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they're pulling the intake 4 hours seems like a long time but I'm sure that's what the 'book' says and that's what they charge. $120 seems high as well but that could be the case in Hawaii. So $600 plus wires plus looms. Holy crap. I hope that's all it is. Is this a dealer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte