Removing GTS hood

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone could write up a how to on taking off a gen 2 GTS hood. I think it would be easy but there has to be some tips and tricks on taking it off and putting it back on so its still lined up the same. Any help is great and thanks.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and I took mine off several times. Other than being awkward in size, just the four nuts on the underside and lift away. The hood is front heavy, so put something under the front if you are setting it on the ground.
The hinge is adjusted, not the hood itself, so it should go back on just right...

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I have removed ours a couple times too, but I think it best to have a wrench guy for the 4 bolts and then 2 others to lift it off. I believe it is one of the most expensive pieces on the car. Doesn't hurt to have the extra hands for security. It's not very heavy and only a 5-10 minute job. No adjustments are lost.

Steve

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend taking some white paint or something and marking the nut positions on the hinges before you remove the hood. There is enough wiggle in the holes that the hood studs go through that you could move an inch or more at the back where the guides hit just by sliding the studs around in the holes.

Other than that, as previously stated, it's a simple 2 person job, but do cover your front fascia, just in case.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I didn't really know it was that easy. That will make putting the roe on my car that much easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21