removing rear mufflers on stock exhaust

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone comment on removing the rear resonators as well?

have a line on cat back stock system to keep for "sell it stock purpose", and was thinking of taking the new system and removing both the resonators and rear muffler and bolting that up??

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine the day after I got it and I would do it again. The stock exhaust sounds like crap in my opinion. I like the way they sound without cats. That will probably be my next move, it's still fairly quiet. Nothing sounds as good as a Rustang for some reason. Anyone know why that is???

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a mandatory mod for all Gen II Vipers. Not too loud by any means. Don't let it stop your decision on buying the car. Dodge would've never put it on in the first place if it wasn't for those dam government requirements.

My RT/10 has the rear muffler removed and it sounds great. But then I spend a weekend with a bunch of modded Vipers and it's back to sounding like a *****cat.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the muffler from my '96 and ran straights, I absolutely LOVE the sound.
bounce.gif

Still have the stock cats but they are not long for this world as I'm about to put on Hi-Flo cats.
I like hearing the car and I'm NOT at all concerned with interior sound levels as IMHO the sound adds to the excitement of driving this car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4