Removing stock mufflers

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I did a few searches and came up emtpy (or not on-topic anyway for what I need). Once the sills are off, how do you remove the factory muffler and tip assembly? I've loosened the exhaust clamps and the rear hanger bolts, but I can't budge the pipes away from the cats. Any tricks on how to get 'em to slide off? :think:

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperCr8zy, have you received your car yet? When I saw the picture of your ACR at Conner, I fell in love with that color scheme. I hope you are not offended, but I just ordered an '09 ACR with the same Viper Blue/ Black, no stripe colors!
I sold my SRT-10 RAM last week, so now the wait begins!!!!

Later,
Joe B
President Southern Mopar Association
Southern Mopar® Association - Index Page
:headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
V

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks folks - I'll give it a try.

67 - congrats on your order. I'm happy to hear some more will be roving around. I'm surprised (but by no means offended - rather flattered!) that you were able to order a blue/black ACR, as I thought the '09 ACRs were only going to be offered in three colors, VB not being one of them.

I just picked up the car yesterday, and drove it home 8 miles from the dealer and immediately removed the side sills. The sills came off very nicely (love the new four post lift!), and now I'm hammering away with a rubber mallet and sand tap to try to get the exhaust to separate. I'm really surprised that with only 16 miles on the clock that the exhaust is this tough to separate.

I'll post pics as soon as I have the new Corsas on and the car cleaned up. I took delivery directly from the truck, so it's got all the shipping plastic on and is fairly dirty now.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As above, try some WD 40 at the joints, it will help.

I have also used small pieces of wooden 2 x 2's and a small sledge hammer (gently) to get them apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine