removing the seats?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed today that my passenger seat is a little loose, on first look it seems a little tight removing the seat, any tips?

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remove to front bolts first then slid the seat all the way forward and remove the back nuts... All done

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
makes sense...can you tell I've never pulled seats on a 2-seater before? thanks for the tip

if anyone has seat lowering kits they want to get ride of let me know, it just makes sense to do that at the same time...

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two cents: Seems obvious but, make sure you wrap the door sills in towels or blankets when you pull the seats, and watch the dash!
It wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of hands/eyes when you do so. One scratch on a sill or the dash and your whole day is ruined.

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went through this the other day

Under the front of the seat is a thin metal bar that clips the seat bottom on, by releasing that you can access the rear bolts much easier. Getting the bar back on is anither story just have a coat hanger handy to pull the metal bar back into place good luck

Can anyone explain why my passenger seat has factory bent metal preventing movement of the seat???

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's strange I know, but there is two bent tabs on the seat track preventing the seat from going forward and back????

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just went through this the other day

Under the front of the seat is a thin metal bar that clips the seat bottom on, by releasing that you can access the rear bolts much easier. Getting the bar back on is anither story just have a coat hanger handy to pull the metal bar back into place good luck

I used a section of rope to pull the metal tab back into place.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's strange I know, but there is two bent tabs on the seat track preventing the seat from going forward and back????

Weird but normal. Some guys bend them out of the way or cut them off with a hacksaw blade. The seat will then move like the drivers side. Not sure why they are there?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean my passenger seat really isnt screwed up? I've been wondering about that since I bought the car. Even took it to a upholstery shop and got them to look at it. Where are these tabs located? I'll bend those suckers out of the way tomorrow

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much, I would love to know why dodge put them there but oh well.

I sure hope snampro got all the answers needed

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean my passenger seat really isnt screwed up? I've been wondering about that since I bought the car. Even took it to a upholstery shop and got them to look at it. Where are these tabs located? I'll bend those suckers out of the way tomorrow

been there, done that. :D

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have today (Veteran's Day) off I decided to put this to rest this morning:

First, the idea of moving the seat forward to access the rear bolts DOES NOT work, at least not for the passenger seat. Like many of the other guys my passenger seat only moves about 2 inches, if that. There are two little tabs that are riveted on the slide track that prevent the seat from moving. Here's a picture of those tabs:

7107track.jpg

The secret was the gray bar at the bottom front of the seat. Simply pushing it back released the lower cushion and it could be easily removed. You may have to push the passenger seat fore/aft adjustment lever toward the center of the car to be able to push on the gray bar:

7107graybar1.jpg

-
7107graybar2.jpg

Access to the bolts at the front and rear of the seat is through holes in the seat frame itself since the frame covers the bolts/nuts:

7107framehole1.jpg

Since my problem was a loose seat I simply tightened the bolts (they were VERY loose). I used a 1/2 inch socket and an extention:

7107wrench.jpg

I had no problem reinstalling the seat bottom. Just make sure you have the gray bar in a position perpendicular to the bottom of the seat cushion and it pops right out the bottom of the seat frame. To reattach is to the seat frame push on the ends of the gray bar from the back one at a time. If you try to pull the middle of the gray bar from the front it either won't latch or will be difficult to latch. Again, you may need to hold the seat adjustment lever toward the center of the car to easily access the gray bar.

Thanks!!!

Sloloco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Snampro for your illustrated post! I need to replace the center stack speakers in the rear,so was looking for a way to remove the seats so as to pull the center panel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte