Replace side exhaust questions.....need answers

Reaction score
I'm considering replacing my complete side exhaust with something louder...Roe, Belanger etc.

If I replace everything from the converter back is this a bolt-on change (no welding)?

Are there any sensors (oxygen, etc.) that have to be relocated into the new system?

I can see that removal of the side panels looks easy enough (8 bolts and it's off) but what about to get to the converter? Is removal of the panel that you can see when you open the hood all that is required to gain access?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe sell a system to replace your exhaust. High flow cats and borla mufflers. Remove the side sills and sawzall off the stock exhaust just beyond the bend comming out from the frame. Kit includes everything you need, clamps everything. No welding required. installs in just a little while.

I'd be interested in buying your old exhaust so don't throw it away.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The R/T exhaust you can replace yourself. it's so easy. Any exhaust shop can do it. Buy a set of mufflers or pipes and have them installed. They can turn out the tips for you or you can buy a bend for it.

Max

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this and what I found beneficial was the process my welder took to ensure accurate alignment.

We took two extremely heavy shop tables and moved them next to each other. He braced the exhaust with steel shims and tack welded one end of the exhaust to one table and the other end to the other. When he cut out the cat with a torch, it dropped down between the tables and the exhaust stayed perfectly in place on the ends. He then measured and welded the new pipe in and it was in perfect alignment as the original.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut out the factory cats and muffs with a sawsall and welded in a piece of pipe and glass-packs. Used the turn-out from the original set-up, just unclamps. Very easy to do, I think I have a total of 65$ in my installation!!!!!!!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this and what I found beneficial was the process my welder took to ensure accurate alignment.

We took two extremely heavy shop tables and moved them next to each other. He braced the exhaust with steel shims and tack welded one end of the exhaust to one table and the other end to the other. When he cut out the cat with a torch, it dropped down between the tables and the exhaust stayed perfectly in place on the ends. He then measured and welded the new pipe in and it was in perfect alignment as the original.

Craig,

What shop did you have this done at? I'm thinking about doing some exhaust work.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a little place off I-75 / N on Baldwin called Custom Welding. His dad has owned a shop for 30+ years and he passed away and his son runs it. It's harder than you know to find good people who can weld stainless. It's harder to find someone who will remove your cats and replace with straight pipes.

I ordered a 6' piece of high quality stainless pipe and took the exhaust to him. We did everything together and I felt great being there and seeing the high quality job. $150. Shoot me an email if you need anything.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95viper,

Hey that's very convenient for me. I'm only about 10 mins from there. I'm looking to add side exhaust to mine and need to weld on a Y split. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96