Reset Adaptives

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the two PCM fuses for 30 seconds and the check engine light is gone now but the code is still showing in my diagnostic screen.
Does this mean the adaptives were reset and it will take some drive cycles for the code to disappear or does this mean the adaptives weren’t actually reset?

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured out for a scanner to reset adaptive memory, you have to have a scanner which resets KAM(Keep Alive Memory).

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
On the gen 3 at least all you needed to do was pull the battery cable and let it sit for a while. They usually also recommended touching the battery cables together once removed to make sure it would drain any capacitors or things like that that hold a charge for a while. Not sure 30 seconds is enough, I believe it was usually more like a few minutes to get a full reset.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know any specifics with the Gen5, but faults in general will be set immediately, after erasing, if the ECU detects it.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Steve-Indy There are scanners with ability to reset KAM

@MoparMap Yes, I’ve seen this solution to reset KAM. I seen somewhere that Gen V unhook positive I believe and then ground it to reset KAM.

@Old School I’ve got a saved code which resetting with scanner, it does immediately come back. But resetting KAM will totally clear the code and since I believe I’ve fixed the issue, it shouldn’t come back.

I pulled the PCM fuses and the check engine light has not come back after about 4 or 5 drives now. Still not sure if this totally reset the KAM or not.