ricer/ghetto glider incounter

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Advance Auto today to buy some stuff..I came out and there was a Mitsubishi something-or-another parked next to me.

I get into the Viper and the guy asks me if I've done any upgrades...

Well..Autoform rollbar..teamtech are the most obvious...but I figure he doesnt have a clue, so I tell him one doesn't have to upgrqde these cars..

I look at his car, which has a triple wing thing not mounted to the frame something or nother with 10" wheel things... I told him he had surely done more motifications than I would ever attempt!!

I left wondering?!?!?!!?!

Are these Posers serious?

Just for thought,
Todd

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep, they are dead serious,

Thats why Im proud to be in the 5% minority of teenagers that Is NON-RICER and PRO-VIPER !!! :headbang:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand - if you don't mod your car, you are just a guy with a decent checking account. I have been working on my Viper for about six weeks now. The whole time it has been down getting updgrades my neighbor has been having fun going out to dinner etc in his new Murcielago. Probably does not even know where the dry sump tank/oil filler is. Who is the more ********* car guy? At least the rice kids are working with what they have, given the environment in which they live. Kid could have been driving a Suburban on air bags. Then you could have made fun of him. :D One guy's "classy" mod is another guy's rice.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't blame the kid. Kids end up modding whatever the parents drove. A gearhead is a gearhead. Were you raised with a silver spoon? It's an American tradition to "Hot Rod" cars or whatever. H@ll, when I was twelve, I milled the head on my parents mower. I then ported the carb and put a brass pipe in it for a header. My parents had no idea what I was doing. Those are the seeds of being a Hot Rodder. Sorry to hammer you, but the kid was probably in awe of your car, and wanted to talk to you. By the way, hello, you were at Advance Auto. What did you expect, some guy in a Ferrari buying oil for his car. :bonker:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have the same pride in their cars as you have in yours, I don't look down on them at all.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How those the word GHETTO fit into this. Me as a black man and someone that owns two vipers just would like to know. Some kids and men are in awe when they see the car they might just say something to stike up a conversation. I still have that same feeling when I see vipers it's an awesome american car. This is not a wise as question...Adrian :usa:

G

grcforce327

How those the word GHETTO fit into this. Me as a black man and someone that owns two vipers just would like to know. Some kids and men are in awe when they see the car they might just say something stupid to stike up a conversation. I still have that same feeling when I see vipers it's an awesome american car. This is not a wise as question...Adrian

I don't see many blacks driving ricers here,most like the "WAGON WHEEL" look with an all bass stereo system.The question you asked could apply here too.

qoute-Are these Posers serious?

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grcforce327 wagon wheel is a new one started laughing my a$$ off when I read your post. That one I must use... :2tu: Adrian.....Quote..How does ghetto fit into this.....Still laughing about WAGON WHEELS

G

grcforce327

Grcforce327 wagon wheel is a new one started laughing my a$$ off when I read your post. That one I must use... :2tu: Adrian.....Quote..How does ghetto fit into this.....Still laughing about WAGON WHEELS

The one good thing is.....when they start circling,I grab my rifle because the indians are coming!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a little modding on any vehicle is a good thing.Going wild on a car is a waste of money that could have been better spent on an all around better vehicle.Save the mod money and get a better vehicle first.Of course that's hard to do when you already have a Viper. GTS Bruce

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like 'most' of the kids are just trying to have unique cars. It is sometimes hard to understand why they spend $3k on a supercharger/turbo to gain 35HP. But, there are not a lot of choices of cars to build. I know the fox body mustangs are a great hod rod as well as F-*** GM, but most kids cannot afford them. So, their peers hot rod imports and so do they.

Most of them are harmless, and just missed the hot rod generation we grew up in.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My stomach still cringes when I see riced cars! Yuck!

But it's not hard to understand they are "having fun" and they have a passion (lord knows why), for liking Big Wings, lots of decals, neon lights etc. :D

I just am very happy I never liked that Crap! :crap:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How those the word GHETTO fit into this. Me as a black man and someone that owns two vipers just would like to know. Some kids and men are in awe when they see the car they might just say something to stike up a conversation. I still have that same feeling when I see vipers it's an awesome american car. This is not a wise as question...Adrian :usa:

How did ghetto turn into a racial comment? Are ghettos limited to one race or ethnicity? Of course not. There was nothing above your post with any racial remark. I am as mad at anti-racist's for being as racist as the racist's themselves (if that makes any sense).

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it's not hard to understand they are "having fun" and they have a passion (lord knows why), for liking Big Wings, lots of decals, neon lights etc. :D

I just am very happy I never liked that Crap! :crap:

if you think about it, what does todays young gearhead mod anyway? many years ago we had all around us cheap BB camaros, hemi/440 cars, etc. heck, even us old farts making decent money nowadays cant afford these cars anymore.

some of these ricer cars are actually pretty cool, but i dont like most of them. it seems like the cars using household raingutters used as a spoiler, or the cars that have 10' tall wings, are the ones like act like fools and only embarrass themselves.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, back in the day everyone made fun of the Super Bird/Daytona wing.... NOW all those people wished they had a Super Bird..

Must admit that I do like some of the ricer's... Supras have always caught my eyes as have the twin turbo 3000's and the occasional 300Z/350Z

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main Entry: 1ghet·to
Pronunciation: 'ge-(")tO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dialect ghèto island where **** were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my rice with extra horsey-sauce....

You must be registered for see images

This car was putting down around 480 BHP (410 WHP), and handled like it was on rails. I had as much into this car as I paid for my Viper, and it was a show-winner. Not all rice is bad.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like seeing kids into cars, even if the look is not my taste. I figure these kids are the same as the original hot rodders, taking the cars of the day and modding them on a low budget, and being looked down upon by old folks with more money who think they are too loud, drive to fast, too outrageous, not their style...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT all rice is bad for sure. I like most rice but im not gonna own any. its great to look at but i dont wanna own most of them.

but id take a supra with some extra HP anyday.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 ASP respect to you this was not meant to be about race if it did I wouldn't be married to my wife. I just wanted to know what a ghetto glider incounter is so I can be on the lookout for one :D I repeat this was not to be turned into a race issue thats not my style. Big Medicine thanks for the info. learn something new everyday and by the way I never been to a ghetto afraid I might get jacked ;) Adrian

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure either. I know it as a noun and do not know the correct usage as an adjective.

Been to some very bad ghettos in Brazil though (Rio and Sao Paulo). Not friendly places for most. Here we use the word ghetto for poor areas (I.e. slums). But anyone that has seen real poor areas would not call the American version as such. Running water, sewer systems, heat etc are not included in real slums.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This car was putting down around 480 BHP (410 WHP), and handled like it was on rails. I had as much into this car as I paid for my Viper, and it was a show-winner. Not all rice is bad.

Take off the decals and you're on it! :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take off the decals and you're on it! :D

LOL...I'll leave that to it's new owner. I sold it to get the Viper...never looked back.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kcobean: Love the wheels. The rear fender lip, rear wing, and wheels almost pull off a "Porsche look". The 350s are cool cars, and you had a nice one. Not many people in general are in a position to purchase a viper, especially kids. The first car I modded was my first car, a 1976 BMW 2002, what a blast and sense of pride I had for the car and "my work".

Lighted windshield squirters (on almost all the rice cars) are a different story though...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a Viper nut since 92', but got into the ricer scene b/c I wanted a car I could buy, mod and take to carshows and a Viper wasn't in my budget back then. From the $$ I spent on the car and all the mods, I could've bought my Viper. Its a really expensize hobby and as with all modded cars, you lose your @$$ if you ever sell. I enjoyed doing it, but I'll never do it again.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to Advance Auto today to buy some stuff..I came out and there was a Mitsubishi something-or-another parked next to me.

I get into the Viper and the guy asks me if I've done any upgrades...

Well..Autoform rollbar..teamtech are the most obvious...but I figure he doesnt have a clue, so I tell him one doesn't have to upgrqde these cars..

I look at his car, which has a triple wing thing not mounted to the frame something or nother with 10" wheel things... I told him he had surely done more motifications than I would ever attempt!!

I left wondering?!?!?!!?!

Are these Posers serious?

Just for thought,
Todd

There is a Mitsubishi Evo running around Lawrenceville that runs low 11's. Was it an Evo? Very easy cars to mod. I ran into the guy on 85N in my GT. He stayed with me till triple digits. Just curious if it was an Evo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte