RIP Viper

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please,PLEASE! Let the Viper rest in peace.It was brilliant,ahead of its time and bold.Set the automotive world on its ear.Won Lemans etc....Gen 1 and Gen 2 classic Vipers.Gen 3 better engine,brakes,chasis ,handling but RICER/Viper looks.Its time to call it quits.Throw in the towel.There is only 1 Cobra,Viper etc...When I kneel down to pray tonight I will pray that the fugly basta*d SRT/GTS will never be produced.I pray that a VIPER will never have an v8 under the hood(bonnet).What next? A 6 or 4 ******?Electric?Rather than **** it up let it have a decent burial.The thought of some 3 cylinder/electric car named VIPER makes me feel like puking. GTS Bruce

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
And the reason for your post is what? If you don't like the SRT fine - don't buy one. If you don't have anything worth while to say - say nothing! The SRT certainly is no ricer.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket62, I agree with you GTS bruce or whatever doesn't have any idea whats going on. GTS bruce sell your viper and get a Mustang or Kia that would fit you better!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
????

What is the matter with people on the board these days ???

Come on !!

Why is there so many looking at the glass half empty all the time - it is like watching the news

Everybody seem to jump to conclusions - why not take a chill pill and give our friends at Dodge some credit and let's wait and see what the next wild animal they come up with.
I for one think it will be a V10 HEMI with 650 HP/TQ !!

Meantime I will enjoy my SRT10 beast and hope to spend some great time with my fellow viper owners of all generations.

Anyway just wanted to give a positive angle for once - enjoy the holidays !!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one of most ******** posts I've read. Either your drunk or on something after the kids are put to bed. 3 cylinder Viper? End the viper because you don't like it? Boo hoo...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please,PLEASE! Let the Viper rest in peace.It was brilliant,ahead of its time and bold.Set the automotive world on its ear.Won Lemans etc....Gen 1 and Gen 2 classic Vipers.Gen 3 better engine,brakes,chasis ,handling but RICER/Viper looks.Its time to call it quits.Throw in the towel.There is only 1 Cobra,Viper etc...When I kneel down to pray tonight I will pray that the fugly basta*d SRT/GTS will never be produced.I pray that a VIPER will never have an v8 under the hood(bonnet).What next? A 6 or 4 ******?Electric?Rather than **** it up let it have a decent burial.The thought of some 3 cylinder/electric car named VIPER makes me feel like puking. GTS Bruce

ha! ha! ha!

I have to agree with GTS Bruce, DC came out with the concept GTSR and gave us something different. They set expectations high and delivered low. But to each their own....I just like curves on cars like I do ladies....If I saw a lady with a trianle or rectangle butt....I wouldn't be interested....LOL!

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it back.The ricer SRT part.Here I was reading the posts about smaller motors,fewer cylinders,rising prices,low sales volume and my glass kept getting refilled by that magic black bottle of JD.Yep I made it to bed without falling over anything.Slept real well up to about 10AM and awoke with this funny slight headache.Empty bottle and yes the glass found by the computer was empty and not half full.Call it my cars off the road blues and there isn't any snow yet.Think I'll check the tires,fluids do a little cleaning and fire it up in the garage. GTS Bruce

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce said...
"I take it back.The ricer SRT part. Here I was reading the posts about smaller motors, fewer cylinders, rising prices, low sales volume and my glass kept getting refilled by that magic black bottle of JD. Yep I made it to bed without falling over anything. Slept real well up to about 10AM and awoke with this funny slight headache. Empty bottle and yes the glass found by the computer was empty and not half full. Call it my cars off the road blues and there isn't any snow yet. Think I'll check the tires, fluids do a little cleaning and fire it up in the garage. GTS Bruce

Hey we understand, been there, done that, by the way, look at my cut and paste compared to your post, dont'cha think it's easier to read with the use of the space bar after every comma and period. No flame, you and I have been around here a long time so I always read your stuff, it's just easier to read with the spaces. Hope I did not pi$$ you off with the suggestion.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The thought of some .......electric car named VIPER makes me feel like puking. GTS Bruce

You know, an electric motor starts out from 0 RPM with 100% torque! A 3 phase AC motor can be infinitely varied from 0 to its max rpm of maybe 20,000 rpm with variable frequency drive electronics, negating the need to shift!

heh heh, just kidding ya, Bruce! Batteries are still too heavy and inefficient to make an electric car a viable alternative to an internal combustion powered sports car. Just thought I'd play the devil's advocate for a bit.

But think about this, (aside from Vipers, with their trademark V10s)- What if you had just as much power, and the same torque characteristics from a V6 that you can get from a big V8? What would be your motivation for wanting to stay with a V8? Just 'cause the number 8 is higher than the number 6? By the same token, why not insist on a V12 over a V10, or even a V16? What if engines got smaller, but had the same output? What is the downside to that? The only thing I can think of to support a big block over a small block, (provided the torque and HP are equal), is that a big block has lower bearing and structure loads, spread over more surface area, which should make it last longer. A tiny engine making big power has very highly stressed internal components, and heat soak/cooling issues. There must be other reasons, like maybe the cost/output ratio? Any others?

*edit* The ultimate reason for a big block just struck me- "Bigger is better"! Argument over!! :D

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce does bring up some intersting points.

As many people who like the Gen 3, there are just as many that absolute hate and despise it.

Even the VCA is split on this subject. Hopefully something will change or it will probably be the end of the viper. Its pretty obvious DC is putting more resources into MB super cars than dodge is. What does that tell you.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just dont get it. I buy VIPER because of its aggressive styling and performance envelope. I could not care less if it had a V10 or V8 as long as it has the power to make it what the VIPER stands for. In all honesty a big block HEMI V8 would probably sound a helluva lot better than our V10's. My GTS has Belangers, Random Techs, and a Corsa 3" and still does not sound as good as most Mustangs. I will always be in VIPERS as long as they stay tru to being a brutal high performance vehicle able to kick asp on and off track, regardless of V10 or V8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine