Roe Racing Adjustable GTS Wing Now Available..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce that our wing is ready and going into production. We should have complete sets in stock within two weeks.

Introductory price is $699.95

You must be registered for see images

Our adjustable rear wing for the GTS gives you an opportunity to increase rear wheel grip and adjust the car balance in high speed corners. In addition to providing a greater level of confidence in the car's ability to remain stable, you will also see a decrease in lap times. Improvements of over 1 second per lap can be expected due to the ability of the car to maintain higher cornering speeds and heavier throttle application on corner exit.

On a car without aerodynamic aids that is balanced for medium speed corners, chassis dynamics dictate that the vehicle will tend to oversteer in higher speed corners. The slower the cornering speed, the more the vehicle will tend to understeer at the tires limit of adhesion.

An adjustable wing is a tool that you can use to vastly improve the handling of your car. Use mechanical adjustments, such as wheel toe and ride height, to properly tune the car for low and medium speed corners. As cornering speed increases, instead of getting oversteer, which would occur naturally, you can maintain the balance of the car because of the increased aerodynamic downforce the wing provides.

Our wing design provides low drag and is adjustable from low to high downforce settings. Typical angle of attack ranges from 0 to 5 degrees. makes a great combination with our front duct kit which reduces front end lift and drag.

Wing Website Page at RoeRacing.com

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Shawn,

The wing looks great! How deep is the wing? For example if you mesured from the front face to the rear face how deep is it.

Thank in Advance,

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES !! Finally an adjustable wing I can justify/afford. Will it be available painted ? If so, will that affect the cost and how much ? Most important how will it mount (i.e, will I have to poke holes and to what will it attach). Estimated time to install ? Plans for an adjustable splitter ? I think Jon B has offers one that I love the look of (the Multiaxis version I think). If I get one, I want the other. As you have already installed the front duct kit on my car, would it and a splitter be compatible ?

Just trying to get ready for VIR.

Sean, I love you man !

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The wing is 7&1/2" deep, side plates are 9&1/2"X5" and it sits about 7&1/2" off the deck.

I'd prefer not to prepaint them before shipping out as it is too easy for them to get scuffed. Plus, paint color can be hard to match. Now that all the testing is done, mine is off and being painted white.

It takes about an hour to an hour and a half to install. It does require drilling, removing the rear tail light panel and installing a lower mount plate that gives the mounting extra strength. Full photo instructions are included and the mounting bolt locations are easy to mark and access.

There is a 1/2" "Gurney flap" or "wicker bill" at the back for added downforce.

The mounting assembly has been tested to hold 400lbs on the back of the car. The wing has been on the car at over 155 MPH in track testing and all mounting is secure.

The wing is capable of slightly overdownforcing the back of the car if you were to max it out at 5 degrees. The important part of using it properly is to only dial in as much as you need for the car to be balanced. You don't want oversteer (too little wing angle) or understeer (too much wing angle) as balanced is fastest.

My car has the front duct kit and rear wing, which seem to work great as a combination. If I didn't have the front duct kit, I'd probably have ended up at a slightly lower wing angle (my car handled best at 2 degrees).

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, yes, it can go on an RT/10, but I haven't built mounts or tested it on one. It would attach to the trunk and I'd have to make new strut plates so the wing would be at the right angle. Let me know if you'd like to pursue an RT/10 version and I'll set it up on our car.