ROE S/C

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tom is waiting for you to call him to install the S/C....Hope I get to see your car sometime in the future, Mr TMT's!

S

SUN RA KAT

I put the 70 mm throttle bodies & other 70 mm stuff, along with the Magnacore spark plug wires, the 180 degree thermostat, and the Roe radiator hoses on at the same time the roe Supercharger was installed. The VEC2 was installed afterwards, and everything else mentioned in my earlier posts above in this thread was done before I picked up my Viper from Woodhouse Viper. (VEC1 was added later, but is now replaced by the VEC2).

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater
I spoke to Tom again yesterday. We're waiting on the S/C to come in. I'm trying to get everything installed at once. Has Tom worked on your car?

coiled

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL:LOL:

Very True, but your not denying it either. Thats why I drive a Blue and silver.

Jealous, nah! had a chance to get a yellow one, I chose a darker color.

You guys just reminded me of bunch a ladies talking about Brad Pitt or whoever with your yellow vipers.

S

SUN RA KAT

coiled -

At least we all have a sense of humor about all this and EVERY Viper is bad asp fast, no matter what color it is. :D

coiled

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you, Kenny,

:cool: I am just trying to bust your YELLOW viper balls little, this place gets a little boring sometimes.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TMT,
Tom does excellent work, and in my case let me "help" on occassion! I also got to help him swap out a member's tranny (he did it in a hour and 20 minutes) at a Viperdays event! Hes has done:
Aluminum Flywheel, Clutch, High-Flow Cats, Header Gasket, Fluidyne Radiator, All Recalls. Great Guy. Dont call him Shannon though. Better yet, call him Shannon. You wont find a better mech (or guy) anywhere to work on the car.

S

SUN RA KAT

I finally got to drive my beast for the first time in about 3 weeks - next snowstorm due this Thursday, so I drive it when I can. I think when so many Vipers are hibernating for the winter there's not much excitement to post and this place becomes a little boring.

But my heart rate is way up from just driving my Viper in a frolicking fashion. I have to say if you can't afford or don't have enough sense not to go with the bigger Viper tuners' packages, get the Roe Supercharger ordered before the price goes up at the end of this month. You'd have to be crazier than me, and I'm a lot crazy, to want much more power than what the Roe Supercharger gives a Viper. I'm so crazy that I may go for the 1.7 roller rockers at a later date, but for now I'm more than happy with everything and I'm just now starting to go up to 2/3 throttle in 3rd gear. Maybe by summer I'll have the yellow balls to go full throttle in 1st or 2nd gears - right now I've done it in 4th and will do it in 3rd when the roads are clear of salt clutter and the pair of Ohio State Troopers who had a pick up truck and a Camaro pulled over for speeding. I knew where Ohio's Finest were so I slowed down, but a red pick up and a red Camaro wanted to show me how much faster they were than my Viper. They showed me, alright, that they don't call it arrest-me red for nothing.

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater
It's good to hear from someone whom has had a personal experience with "Shannon" I mean Tom. He seems to be a great guy and Mech. Hopefully my car will be there at the end of March.

Kenny- Thanks for the update. Your killing me. I can't wait until the end of March. Your car sounds awesome. I too am gonna wait and do the 1.7's later. Is your car really that scary in 3rd?

S

SUN RA KAT

"Is your car really that scary in 3rd?"

Have you gone full throttle in 2nd gear to the 6,000 RPM redline?

3rd gear feels like 2nd gear except you are going 3rd gear speeds. 4th gear feels like how 3rd gear used to before the Roe Supercharger. BEWARE! 4,000 RPMs is 100 MPH in 4th gear and 6,000 RPMs is 150 MPH!

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/013468.html

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000789.html

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/012558.html

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000619.html

DC VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kenny (or any other Roe SC snake owners). I have a question did you change your pistons with cast iron ? A well respected tuner recently told me that he would not do a super charger set up without first changing the pistons. And how feesable is it to do the supercharger install yourself. I am interested in adding boost to my snake and have modest wrench turning skills.
Thanks in advance
MK

OP
OP

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny
Thanks! Your da man. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

DC Venom
I'm not changing my pistons. I spoke to the same Tuner you are talking about and got the same response. I don't think the boost is high enough to worry about the pistons. Most S/C's are running 8-10 boost. If I was running that much then I definently would change the pistons. If I wasn't going this route then Heffner or Levin would be my choice period. Both are fantastic tuners with great reputations. I have a certain budget that I'm trying to stay within. I don't know how difficult it is to install. My Viper tech will be doing that for me.

S

SUN RA KAT

DC VENOM -

A low 5 pound boost on a huge 488 cu.in. engine is still a big increase in power and the creampuff hyper cast pistons are in no danger. Sean has upgrades for the forged piston cars that can go above 5 pounds safely. I have no plans (or money) to change my pistons to forged. For people used to hearing about 8 - 10 pounds or more boost, Sean's 5 pound boost sounds wimpy, but in the Viper engine it is anything but wimpy.

Aside from full throttle frolicking, part throttle drivability is so much more improved over a slightly modded Viper. Look at the dyno numbers at 2000, 2500, 3000, & 3500 RPM - that's the real world RPM range where most of your driving is done - that's what sold me on Sean's Supercharger (plus Sean's reputaion, of course). Just above idle it now has the torque of a diesel - perfect for driving in traffic in the city - and it just keeps getting better from there.

Unless you feel comfortable working on a Viper, I would advise getting a Viper Tech to do the work for you. If you are real good at following written instructions and work on it during the day where you could call Sean on the phone for help and like the challenge of really doing it yourself, then it would be a whole lot of fun to do yourself. This is not a drink beer while you work on it project, and I don't think you'd want to drink beer to cellibrate your successful installation of the Roe Superchager until after you drive it and park it for the night. This paragraph is my humble opinion - call Sean and ask him for his advice.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 psi or 100 shot nitrous is about all I would push on the newer cars. On the older cars you can run more but you start having diminishing gains unless you port the heads and change cam. more air in/more air out = more hp.