Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roe SC 709RWHP/729RWTq M2 Tuned

Joe.....Sir
Bob.....Sir
Ward....No mention of Sir
Thanks Larry ....I feel young again.

Glad to hear it went so well for all involved. Larry have a good flight back to HOT Florida.
Cudaman :usa:

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Larry,

Actually my car runs respectably with my Roe SC (although I'm still working on a couple of issues), but you've obviously got the magic touch. And a serious reputation for excellent work.

There are three of us with ROE SC's here in Denver and having a master tuner this close seemed like a good opportunity to have you see what we're doing. And probably help us do it better.

I'm off to our local dragstrip for a Mopar day, but if this could be fit into your schedule please shoot me an e-mail with a contact number and I'll give you a call from home this evening. If not, thanks for at least thinking about it.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One important note - be careful with that new setup at sea level. It may run well at altitude, but you could have significant det problems in thicker air, since your absolute power will rise significantly (what was uncorrected HP?). However, if you can run same boost & timing at sea level, you should make the same power level -- screw-type blowers are like that.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to answer some questions

Marc
I am not sure right now what I am going to do to reach my goal of 750RWHP but for now I will probably add an aftermarket airbox. I am very satisfied with the performance right now but I am always looking for more power. I probably should have said in my signature 750RWHP or RWTq. In all honesty I am a drag racer and it is torque that gets you down the track or street fast!

DevilDog
I had a lower powered 650R because my heads were not shaved (525RWHP/550RWTq). I then domed my heads out to decrease compression so I could run more boost. Other than that it just bolted right in. I will have to upgrade the fuel system in the very near future to get more power.

Treynor
I agree with what you are saying. At this altitude I can run more timing because my compression is decreased(thinner air and elevation) but as the elevation decreases the compression will increase. As the compression increases I will have to back off the timing but I will also get more power because I will have higher compression. It is going to offset each other(compression vs timing)!

I will have to completely redo the fuel system if I want to run this setup at sea level.

As far as more power,
Rest assured that someone will come out with an intercooler or an aftercooler or some other way to cool down the the intake charge and then look out! I have no idea what kind of power we will put out but we should gain at least 50HP, I have seen as much as 140RWHP gains from intercooling. After we cool the air we then turn the boost up and hang on!

Thanks to everyones comments and interests.

Thanks again to Larry M2 who didn't put his sticker on my car. What is up with that? Did you leave that sticker? I will see if I can find it or send me one.

I hope you had a safe flight home and get wards car to the dyno so we can get a HP/TQ war of the Roe SC'ers going. We need a Roe SC'er in the 9's and you are the man to do it. Perform some magic!

Maybe we can get Sean to throw in some contingency money for the highest HP/TQ and the first to get to the 9's.

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utahviper & Larry,

Great job. We are all glad you posted your Dyno. I would like to know what the a/f was.

Man your car rocks.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Congrats on the numbers! I'm glad to see that you are happy with the results of your upgrades, I think all you need now is a 12lb pulley.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a comparison dyno sheet before and after.
238comparisondyno-med.JPG

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe.....Sir
Bob.....Sir
Ward....No mention of Sir
Thanks Larry ....I feel young again.

Glad to hear it went so well for all involved. Larry have a good flight back to HOT Florida.
Cudaman :usa:

Hello Sir! Happy now, Ward? LOL

Believe me it gets hot up there as well, only difference there is the absence of humidity. 90+ degrees there and not a bead of sweat, 70+ here and you'll have it burning your eyes.

Thanks for the awesome hospitality, Todd! You and your family are one of the best in my book. I forgot to leave the logo, I'll send it with the other stuff once it comes in. Thank you, Sir!