Roe Supercharger

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok went to finish my last steps prior to supercharger, install my wideband and finish mounting my gauge. Had a bad viper day today.

I pulled off the drivers turnout to have the wideband mounted, no problem. Go to put it back on, no problem. Go to reattach exhaust hanger and snap a damn bolt. Problem number 1.

I have my turnout butt clamped to straight pipes. Well I could not get them back clamped together without it massively leaking. So now I have to wait for 2 more butt clamps. I am going to head to the local exhaust shop next to my house to see how much they would want to either make me longer straight pipes with a flared end or to put flanges on the ends so I can just bolt new things in there.

The band clamps are one time use.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient. I was over last night and checked out his project. BEAUTIFUL Snake and he's doing all the right things very methodically. No hurry...no worry. Love that annodized black blower with the Yellow powdercoated tubes. It will be a thing of artwork once installed. Love the AEM wideband too. Makes my Innovate look cheap. I'll be back in the area mid-October...might actually drive up from Tampa this time with my "*******" Viper. LOL.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient. I was over last night and checked out his project. BEAUTIFUL Snake and he's doing all the right things very methodically. No hurry...no worry. Love that annodized black blower with the Yellow powdercoated tubes. It will be a thing of artwork once installed. Love the AEM wideband too. Makes my Innovate look cheap. I'll be back in the area mid-October...might actually drive up from Tampa this time with my "*******" Viper. LOL.

Hey by that time I might be close to installing this supercharger :(.

Just kidding I want this thing installed soon.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that. Makes sense. This frustration is leaning me towards contacting you sooner even though I'm not ready for that step.

I reuse band clamps all the time......preferably on the same joint. If one is not sealing correctly take aluminum foil and fold it over four or five times and put it over the joint / under the clamp.

From what I gather....you have a true butt joint. If so that's not a good way no matter what you do. Get a longer pipe flared and do it correctly. I have seen band clamp instrutions that even say they are not made for a butt joint.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry they are butt joint clamps. Might try the aluminum foil thing today. It wont be set up this way for long since I will have headers with long tube turnouts in my near future.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reuse band clamps all the time......preferably on the same joint. If one is not sealing correctly take aluminum foil and fold it over four or five times and put it over the joint / under the clamp.

You my friend are the reason why I am a VCA member. That is great advice. I am normally good about thinking out of the box but that never came to mind. Worked like a champ!!

Todays update is VEC soldered in and wiring cleaned up, AEM UEGO up and running, just need to grab some 3m tape to hold the pod down, and exhaust leak has been fixed. Last step before supercharger is wire AEM gauge into the VEC which will take about 5 minutes, 3m tape the gauge pod, and pick up a new exhaust hanger bolt. Pretty sure local hardware store will have one.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front of the car is on jack stands and my garage has been cleaned out and lined with supercharger parts. I plan on starting either later tonight or this week and take it nice and slow. Will need my friend to help with the pinning of the crank but I believe that will be my only issue. I am leaving the hood on only because I have no where to leave it off at and I can't remove by myself.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moving right along. Called it a night but no big issues as of yet.
Manifold off, heads cleaned and taped off, manifold stripped.

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seeing that aluminium inside of the intake gaskets make my grinder hand twitchy. If you lived close I'd port your heads for cheap. Oh well, I'd offer to sell you my Belanger headers if you lived close as well.

Anyway, parts are nice and clean looking. If you want to recoup some of your supercharger expense the intake manifold is a used piece in high-demand. Lookin' good so far.

Ted

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was pretty clean. I cleaned up the heads and taped them off, then sprayed out the dirt and dust with an air hose. I did have a slight bit of oil come out of cylinder 9 and 10 but I doubt that is anything to worry about.

I would love a set of Belanger headers but I am tapped out dry for a long time. My navy bonus is covering the expensive of the supercharger. Most likely when I decide to get a set of headers I will go with M&M. Price is right and he includes turnouts.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem selling my headers to you would also be the shipping. With all the fuel taxes, green fees, it would be cheaper to buy a set of headers close to you. I think I paid over $150 for shipping from there.

If your 9 & 10 plugs run black/dark/fat after the Supercharger is set up remember that the Vec will allow individual cyliner fuel trims.

Ted

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Day 2 of the install. Today was not as productive as yesterday, small issues. Installed the coil spacer in the rear of the motor. Removed the thermostat housing to install 170 degree thermostat, what a pain that was. I used a putty knife and goof off to remove the gasket then hit it with 1000 grit to polish it right up and reattached. That took a long time.

On a positive but negative note, noticed something. My valve covers have been removed before. My passenger side valve cover has a bolt that is half way un-threaded and it seems to be cross threaded. No oil leaking there but someone has been in there. Might have rockers done since my car came slightly modified. Will find out on Thursday.

Tomorrow I have duty so no progress then but Wednesday I will be hitting it hard and hopefully Thursday I will be touching up all the loose ends.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the time to go through and clean up the threads on the heads with a tap. Almost every bolt on the heads has the same thread pitch - valve cover, intake manifold, exhaust header, etc.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, will this be ready for a cruise on October 17? I'm working on a Colonial Parkway/Williamsburg Winery cruise. You have 3 more weeks!!

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics for today, looks the same as the photos posted yesterday.

Tom, the goal is Thursday to be done. The rest of the install is fairly straight forward. Just a slow section with the stupid gasket.

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thread, I did my Roe and VEC 2 myself and it took me 3 full days.... I could do it in two now, but that time included the soldering and crank pinning and different injectors and such. Never dynoed it, but I do my own tuning and would love to get mine on the dyno.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DONE!!! Well kinda. Cosmetic work left. Car started right up, drives solid all the way through the power band. There is plenty more HP to be gained since it is running between 10 and 10.5 at WOT but it feels solid so I probably won't mess with it. I also left the OEM spark plugs in. I have read a lot about this setup and a lot of folks who drive normally with the occasional stomp the gas said the OEM plugs work fine and so far so good.

Now before the photos are posted I don't need any McViper or McSupercharger jokes because it does look like a McDonalds icon lol.

Also if anyone out there is upgrading their throttle bodies and want smooth tubes for them I have a black set for trade for your black ones. Even swap. The inside diameter of these smooth tubes measures 74mm roughly so I believe they are for 70mm TB's.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi