Roe Supercharger

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great John, can't wait to cruise with you. don't forget that with almost 25% more HP, you need to keep the traction control engaged until you get used to it. (thats the switch between your butt and right ankle that keeps the foot AWAY from the floor).

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great John, can't wait to cruise with you. don't forget that with almost 25% more HP, you need to keep the traction control engaged until you get used to it. (thats the switch between your butt and right ankle that keeps the foot AWAY from the floor).

Lol. Actually raised an eyebrow reading that :).

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Roe club. :2tu:

It's a blast, ain't it? :headbang:

You brought up an idea for me. Should start a Roe Club social group for those who have thoughts about doing a Roe setup. Will have all of us in one place so they can pretty much post in that section to find out. Just an idea.

By the way my water **** kit is in the classifieds now. Soon as mods approve it. I want to stay safe and don't want to push the boost or timing up higher on the car and with this sitting in my house I will be very tempted. Saving me from me :)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put my travel request in yesterday for my upcoming conference in Suffolk 20-22 Oct. Plan on driving the "*******" from Tampa....about 600+ miles according to GOOGLE maps @ 13 hrs. So that should be an interesting road trip. So we should be able to rumble the asphalt in the evenings. Probably wil need a good car wash! Is your dyno guy available that week? We should put pur cars on it to see your 5 lb vs. my 10 lb...

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put my travel request in yesterday for my upcoming conference in Suffolk 20-22 Oct. Plan on driving the "*******" from Tampa....about 600+ miles according to GOOGLE maps @ 13 hrs. So that should be an interesting road trip. So we should be able to rumble the asphalt in the evenings. Probably wil need a good car wash! Is your dyno guy available that week? We should put pur cars on it to see your 5 lb vs. my 10 lb...

I will email him now to see if he is available. Mine needs to be tuned though probably before I dyno it. Running fairly rich. I'll let ya look at the log when I make one, ordering a long USB cable now.

Oh and I installed the 1 step colder plugs. 1tony1 highly recommended it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from some local driving, first time since the initial test run that I have driven it. At wot I am actually between 10.5 and 11 so not too shabby, could be better but I like safe. Every time I gave it hard throttle it felt great but once. I was at roughly 45mph and stomped 3rd and it got a little jumpy. Right after that I did it in 2nd gear and all was good. Wrong gear caused it. Felt great though. I do have a lot of decel popping however. Would definitely like to tune some of that out.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You brought up an idea for me. Should start a Roe Club social group for those who have thoughts about doing a Roe setup. Will have all of us in one place so they can pretty much post in that section to find out. Just an idea.

By the way my water **** kit is in the classifieds now. Soon as mods approve it. I want to stay safe and don't want to push the boost or timing up higher on the car and with this sitting in my house I will be very tempted. Saving me from me :)

Why not keep the **** kit and use it for further protection?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not keep the **** kit and use it for further protection?

Water **** is the devil. It is the gateway to adding more boost. I have a creampuff and I don't want to up the boost from 5lbs and the water **** temps me to push it to 6.5. If I don't get a good offer I might install it and so far I have had nothing.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water **** is the devil. It is the gateway to adding more boost. I have a creampuff and I don't want to up the boost from 5lbs and the water **** temps me to push it to 6.5. If I don't get a good offer I might install it and so far I have had nothing.

Just stay focused and you'll be okay.:lmao: Seriously, I would run it, it does keep things a little cooler. I had it on my Roe setup and it was nice. The Roe's are a lot of fun. I've had the 5lb setup like you and I've had a forged piston 96 car with the 10lb setup. I also had the custom paxton w/**** setup. Guess you could say I'm an addict.:D

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also have more funding then me, trust me. I'm not afraid to install it, I'm afraid of other "complementing" mods I can do to the car after installing it. I have no problem ripping the motor apart and throwing new pistons in but I would feel wrong taking apart a perfectly good working car. I just don't want to open the door for expensive future mods right now, I have spent a lot of money recently and in a small period of time with the Roe setup and the Big Brake Kit. I have to slow down before I get crazy. I should be happy just to own a Viper but modding is in my nature.

Giampiero

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next? ...

Here's an idea from VOI X that looks good on this Viper.
You must be registered for see images

I installed Unitrax titanium driveshafts and d-shaft loops. I have a set of 800hp Unitrax Axles 4 sale if you're interested.

I suggest installing a Passport ****** 9500ci radar detector as my choice of modifications. I have an SRX ($850) and didn't bother to upgrade to the new GPS unit as it's nearly $2,000. Main advantage over SRX is that the GPS unit downloads speed camera locations from the internet (for California and a couple other states. Here in speed cameras are illegal.

You already installed HIDs??? Huge difference.

Smooth tubes? Mine are 90 degree Sapphire alum. elbows into my M2 dual cone airbox. The rubber connectors (Roeracing TBs to aluminium tubes) are great for mounting the water/**** injectors, but the Nitrous fogger nozzles are mounted in the aluminium tubes.

Ted

Hi,do you still have the Unitrax axle for sale?If yes let me know the price please,including shipping to 33166...

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toying around.
Love the screaming of the supercharger, just wish I could hear over my exhaust.
Still need to make my 3rd gear pull so I can get an afr curve and tune a little. Sean from Roe sent me the info to tune out most of the decel popping so that is taken care of and works like a charm.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C8v0elaWZs[/media]

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run 10psi and I don't recall I've ever heard much sc 'whine'. Have headers and Corsa track exhaust that can be heard a mile away might have some bearing on that. Make some more vids!

Ted

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every video I have seen with a Roe supercharged car heading towards the camera you can hear it screaming. That is why I wanted the Roe. Has a nice Jet sound. That one from streetfire that has the red Roe was my inspiration.
Keep in mind that only during normal cruising and at idle I can hear the whine inside the car, if I accelerate at all the exhaust drowns it out.

Supercharged Viper - Car Videos on StreetFire

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My attraction to the Roe was the double hp. The Twin Screw building so much torque off idle that the power output feels the same no matter the revs also made my pulse a bit faster.

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every video I have seen with a Roe supercharged car heading towards the camera you can hear it screaming. That is why I wanted the Roe. Has a nice Jet sound.

Ditto! But as awesome as the Roe sounds...nothing sounds quite like Plumcrazy's DLM Paxton setup. It sounds like a fighter jet coming towards you ready to drop a couple of nukes on your head. It's amazing. It gave me same goosebumps I got when I first heard the Roe setup. I hope someday I can get a Roe installed. Thanks for posting up your installation progress and enjoy the Roe! :2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum also has much deeper pockets then I do. Running low on funds at the moment. (Anyone sponsor a military guy with some rockers or headers?) Believe those are my next 2 steps.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His is so loud because the video is taken at night. Sound travels faster and is louder at night (pending air temp). He might also be running a 10lb pulley. I don't think that pulley will make it louder.

I hate videos. Your car seemed like it was going much faster then I was in the videos. I topped at roughly 90mph in my video. Yours is also louder then mine because your cameraman was closer to the road. My cameraman had to be at least 20 to 30 feet away from the road. Might be why I look slower.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean from Roe sent me the info to tune out most of the decel popping so that is taken care of and works like a charm.

I'd be interested in hearing what Sean recommended to help with this. I'd like to improve that on mine as well.

As for the W/M, I have seen 5lb setups grenade the cast pistons without it, so I think of it as a cheap insurance.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To shut the injectors off on decal, go to the load table and at deep vacuum, like 27”-30”, put a negative value, such as -4 or -6. I had 2 settings of 29.7 or so so I changed them both to -6 and that fixed 90 percent of the decel popping.

That is what I did and it worked like a charm.
I'm still running Sean's tune so I shouldn't grenade it, especially running rich. I think if someone was to get too crazy and really lean it out it's possible but so far the car feels very solid.

I'd be interested in hearing what Sean recommended to help with this. I'd like to improve that on mine as well.

As for the W/M, I have seen 5lb setups grenade the cast pistons without it, so I think of it as a cheap insurance.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His is so loud because the video is taken at night. Sound travels faster and is louder at night (pending air temp). He might also be running a 10lb pulley. I don't think that pulley will make it louder.

I hate videos. Your car seemed like it was going much faster then I was in the videos. I topped at roughly 90mph in my video. Yours is also louder then mine because your cameraman was closer to the road. My cameraman had to be at least 20 to 30 feet away from the road. Might be why I look slower.
I was at the top of third/going into fourth as I went by (about 90+), but I also have 3.55s so I accelerated a little faster.
I've heard the pulleys make no difference in the sound :dunno:

BTW, mine pops on decel as well... I like it ;)
but thanks for the tip

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somewhere on this site I posted pics of an incar camera mount. Attaches to pass seat belt strap holder and take 20 minute to build out of a piece of sheet aluminium.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ1SvlIqmP4[/media]

stock gears 3.08
Make sure you tighten the camera holddown bolt ...

YouTube - RTTTTed's Channel

Damn wheel hop!

Good traction on "Seal Coat" pavement at 3600' alt.

Ted

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a dig in 2rd/3rd/4th mine really whines...like a Mustang Terminator...I love it! It seems to get more pronounced with the W/M too...sealing & cooling the rotors from what I've read...and getting 13+PSI boost creep. It was quite a bit more noticable as I moved from the 5 to the 6.5 to the 10 lb pulley. We can check it out next week when I drive up...yeeeha.