Roe Water/Methanol Kit Installed Today

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed the Roe water/methanol kit on my 96 GTS today. Directions are excellent and the kit is well designed with quality components. Warmed the car up before the dyno pull and noted the inlet tubes got very warm. Made the pull and picked up 25 RWHP, torque remained the same. Better than that the inlet tubes were now cool to the touch. Used the windshield 0 degree fluid from Walmart. The rate of fluid consumption appeared to be more than I expected. I don't know if the 2.5 gallon water/**** tank will last for a full tank of gas if you hammer it most of the time. I mounted the tank as pictured.

You must be registered for see images

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thats awesome.

Congrats man!!

You plan on uping the boost at all?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice nitrous setup..got more pics of it?

glad the h2o/**** kit worked so good for ya

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have both N2O AND **** injection? Doesn't N2O act as a cooling agent too?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thats awesome.

Congrats man!!

You plan on uping the boost at all?

No on the boost. The water/**** kit allows me to run more aggressive timing without detonation. Also when I want to cool down the blower, all I have to do is hammer it. :D I am shocked at how cool it was after the dyno runs. :usa:

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have both N2O AND **** injection? Doesn't N2O act as a cooling agent too?

Yes it very much does. However, it causes severe traction problems on the street. ;) I did not do any dyno pulls with the nitrous but according to Sean it is totally compatible with the nitrous. The VEC 2 controls the water/**** under boost. :usa:

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice nitrous setup..got more pics of it?

glad the h2o/**** kit worked so good for ya

The nitrous bottles pictured are most of what you can see of the setup. Everything else is out of sight. Going for the sleeper look. :p

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long did it take to install it? Did you send Sean the cards to be reprogrammed, or have it done at the dyno shop? Al...00PROWLER..

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the software Sean can just email you the program.

Love the Roe system.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long did it take to install it? Did you send Sean the cards to be reprogrammed, or have it done at the dyno shop? Al...00PROWLER..

About four hours on the install with a generous amount of messing around. Having a lift helped a bunch. Sean made me a new card based on the old one I was running with and mailed it to me. :usa:

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new around here and I don't have a Viper...well yet (currently looking for a GTS). I currently own a Single Turbo Z06. I recently installed a methanol injection kit that picked up ~ 70rwhp with no changes other than the injection kit (i.e. same boost, timing, fmic, etc.). I went from ~ 660rwhp to 730rwhp. I do however, run staight methanol. I have been able to run 16psi on a 9.3 compression motor on 94 octane gas.

I see that you guys are using windshield washer fluid. The guy that I purchased my kit from recommended that I try straight methanol and from the results he was right.

I think that there is a lot of untapped potential with the methanol kits, expecially at the higher boost levels on the Roe Kits where the S/C becomes less efficient.

Flawed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say your best bet is a 50/50 mix water/denatured alcohol, that is about where I setup my cars. You can vary it a little. But methanol is more likely to suffer from pre-ignition. Your best results with water/alcohol mix are going to be allowed when you can actually map it like fuel. Usually ending up in a 15-20% water to fuel ratio.

-SGC

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do those flow better or as good a greg goods?

No idea on the difference between the Roe/Greg Good heads. I do believe that MBN is running the Roe heads and making about 100hp more than I am with two less lbs. of boost. Never could figure that one out. :confused:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that they flow as good a the greg good heads. But I may be wrong. However, they don't cost as much either. :D

S

SUN RA KAT

Can you post some more pictures? I'm impatiently waiting for my unit to arrive, as Sean is waiting for the parts to arrive so he can ship it. Also, can the W/M bottle be positioned anywhere in the back hatch so it could be more out of the way?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post some more pictures? I'm impatiently waiting for my unit to arrive, as Sean is waiting for the parts to arrive so he can ship it. Also, can the W/M bottle be positioned anywhere in the back hatch so it could be more out of the way?

Yes the bottle can tuck in the far right corner with mostly just the filler cap sticking out. I mounted mine on the platform that my nitrous bottles are bolted on in order to avoid additional holes in the vehicle itself. As far as more pictures there's not much to see other than loomed wires and hoses. The pump is mounted in the right rear compartment opposite the battery. :usa:

S

SUN RA KAT

Thanks for the info - sometimes I get go to the grocery store and i can get 6+ bags of groceries in the back hatch area. I can easily live with just room for 5 bags!

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be nice to get your kit installed right away....still waiting on mine James, do you know if Eric is almost done with my car?