Roe Water/Methanol Kit Installed Today

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that you guys are using windshield washer fluid. The guy that I purchased my kit from recommended that I try straight methanol and from the results he was right.

Anything over 50/50 wtr/mth can be flammable. There is no way anybody needs to run straight or a heavy methonal mix without the proper lines etc. Plastic lines would be a no no. Did your kit come from Tampa Fl ?

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my kit from Julio Don (Alchycontrol.com). It was a "generic" kit that I fitted for my application. The kit cames complete with methanol compatible braided lines. You are right plastic lines would be a no-no as methanol is extremely corrosive. I ran straight methanol for most of last year without any problems. I was extremely pleased with the results.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my kit from Julio Don (Alchycontrol.com). It was a "generic" kit that I fitted for my application. The kit cames complete with methanol compatible braided lines. You are right plastic lines would be a no-no as methanol is extremely corrosive. I ran straight methanol for most of last year without any problems. I was extremely pleased with the results.

He is out of Tampa. That's who I figured you were talking about....he is a firm believer in straight methonal. He is a nice guy, I have talked with him before.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I were to add the methanol injection with my 8lb pulley and go to a 10 lb pulley, would that gain 75HP?
Confused again.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I were to add the methanol injection with my 8lb pulley and go to a 10 lb pulley, would that gain 75HP?
Confused again.

From looking at Seans Post (if im reading it right) withthe water/**** you can go past 10 Psi, Possibly 12 or 14

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Installed the Roe water/methanol kit on my 96 GTS today. ................ Made the pull and picked up 25 RWHP, torque remained the same. .......

Hi Jim and All,
$379 / 25 RWHP = $15 per RWHP by installing and activating the W/M without any other changes. Not bad, but...
The program I modified for you (Shelby3) to run the W/M made had only one change. As you went past 3.5 PSI boost, the timing retard would drop to 0 as the W/M activates before that point. Most of the guys that have been pushing the envelope open, like Tony, Todd and Trent, are actually running a significant amount of timing advance, especially in the mid-range. Where yours is at 0 retard from stock, running 22 degrees advance total at 4,500, they're adding 10+ degrees advance for total of 32+ degrees spark advance. However, I didn't want to just arbitrarily advance yours like that without someone looking at the plugs and listening for any pinging. You can make more power with tuning and test driving (this is where the $199 software for logging and tuning really pays for itself). Also, keep in mind, as we increase power, we'll probably have to increase the jet size as we're flowing about 15% W/M to fuel. I ordered a handfull of larger jets in case people need them. The pump is capable of flowing enough for 1,500 HP. If an upgrade is needed, we can swap out 1 of the two jets to a larger one (about double in size) since the air inlets merge at the blower inlet. I'd say the standard jets will be good for up to about 700 RWHP, but a car I did Saturday made 682 RWHP / 760 RWTQ and needs one larger jet because it has so much torque and needs more water at low RPM so it can run full timing.

In regard to the HP difference between Shelby3 and MBN's motor, MBN's made 712 RWHP on it's best pull a year ago. Yours is within about 20. Sounds pretty close to me considering the bottom ends were different, but the heads and cams were the same.

Regards,
Sean

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confused again.

From looking at Seans Post (if im reading it right) withthe water/**** you can go past 10 Psi, Possibly 12 or 14

Sean, would you address Stu's question above before he wets himself :D j/k specifically, what do you think of the 12psi and 14 psi ? And also .... what about the larger autorotor mentioned. Will it bolt on ? Same or different size ?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, would you address Stu's question above before he wets himself :D j/k specifically, what do you think of the 12psi and 14 psi ? And also .... what about the larger autorotor mentioned. Will it bolt on ? Same or different size ?

Ok, Autorotor themselves do not have a larger displacement blower available.

What boost will it make at 21,000 RPM? I can't say as it really depends on the engine. Could be 12-14.

Consider also that you can go to a smaller blower pulley, but not take the engine RPM as high (maybe shifting at 5,200) and get the benefit of the increase torque and HP below that point, while keeping the blower speed in check.

Regards,
Sean

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just picked up some Wal-Mart Super Tech Winter formula for my W/M kit and after bringing 15 bottles home I noticed that it is different from the bottles pictured in the other thread. Up here in the north we get the -25 degree stuff. Unfortunately it does not say methanol anywhere on the bottle.

So my question is, is there a chance the Super Tech I purchased uses some other liquid aside from methanol?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search for MSDS (material safetly data sheets) for particular brands of washer fluid.

For example, Splash -25 from K-Mart contains 41% methanol by volume and 59% water.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up some Wal-Mart Super Tech Winter formula for my W/M kit and after bringing 15 bottles home I noticed that it is different from the bottles pictured in the other thread. Up here in the north we get the -25 degree stuff. Unfortunately it does not say methanol anywhere on the bottle.

So my question is, is there a chance the Super Tech I purchased uses some other liquid aside from methanol?
I recently did the same, Super Tech Winter (blue liquid) has the POISON (Skull and Crossbones) label with methanol on bottle. They had the summer formula mixed with the winter on the same shelf with similar labels. The summer does NOT contain methanol. Rick

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo is currently doing mine.

Hey Simms,
Let me know how you like it and your gains, if you change pulley etc, I also wonder if your sills will be cooler with the kit?

FLX109

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Simms,
Let me know how you like it and your gains, if you change pulley etc, I also wonder if your sills will be cooler with the kit?

FLX109

I'll let you know when the car returns. Larry is upgrading it to a 10lb pulley, bigger fuel pump, and his Stage II heads/cam package. :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Simms,

FLX109

I'll let you know when the car returns. Larry is upgrading it to a 10lb pulley, bigger fuel pump, and his Stage II heads/cam package. :2tu:

Dude,
You're going to have a monster on your hands :2tu: :2tu: Looking forward to the number it will generate :laugh:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude,
You're going to have a monster on your hands :2tu: :2tu: Looking forward to the number it will generate :laugh:

Me too!! Is Larry doing the water/**** on your car too? I thought he mentioned something to me about a kit for your car.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What size lines are you guys running from your trunk to the pump from the snow kit?

Are you locating the pump by the rear of the car or towards the front? I was just wondering if it's upfront, then are the hoses big enough to supply the water/**** system for that long of a distance?

If you are mounting the pump in the rear...how long does it take to pressurize the system?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Roe instructions, the pump is located at the rear near the water/**** tank. The line running to the front is 1/4". Don't know how long it takes to pressurize. It has a purge feature also included with the kit. :usa:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In the Roe instructions, the pump is located at the rear near the water/**** tank. The line running to the front is 1/4". Don't know how long it takes to pressurize. It has a purge feature also included with the kit. :usa:

What does the purge thingy look like? How does it work?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a momentary switch that manually activates the pump on command.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh I see...do you guys use the snow map control?

Why not use the 12 volt lead that you control the activation point and just have the pump kick on sooner to purge itself?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I see...do you guys use the snow map control?

Why not use the 12 volt lead that you control the activation point and just have the pump kick on sooner to purge itself?

On my car, the pump is controlled by the VEC 2 and comes on at 3.5 lbs. of boost. The purge is not needed every time you use the system, only under conditions when the lines get air in them. :usa:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is the best spot to put the jets in the tubes, underneath, or on the sides or does it matter?
I was wondering if maybe the sides were best to keep them out of the way.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is the best spot to put the jets in the tubes, underneath, or on the sides or does it matter?
I was wondering if maybe the sides were best to keep them out of the way.

I put mine on the inside of the tubes, the nitrous nozzles were already on the outside. Worked fine. :2tu: :usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AIllick