But inside it looks like this:

2IMGP0087-med.JPG

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice setup, what numbers did the car make? Any pics of the water/**** install?

Reaction score
No numbers yet....I have the body guy on standby, been ready to install the new wing for a while now. Plan of attack is to clean it up, get it to the body guy for wing and small paintwork, drive around for a few weeks, then I'm going to do a DynoDay here in Virginia Beach.

I'll go take some pics of the water/**** stuff. To be honest, I was on a mission. I left VA BCH at 11PM last night, rental car one-way, drove straight thru...there by 0700. Side sill were here, so they installed them while I turned in the rental, got back, loaded up all the spare parts (VEC 1 is in the Classifieds) :) , then headed out and arrived here about 5:30PM. About 7.5 hours each way....the trip up was the hardest! LOL!! It only has the old stocker tires and wheels on right now (which did a good job getting me home when they were banished quite some time ago, to be used only for moving the car around locally), but they sure do spin at times they never did before. :)

8#, water/****, 1.7 rockers, hardened push rods, hi-flo cats. Started with the 432RWHP (tubes/filters/straight pipes from the cats back.....no other mods).....I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. :)

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I'm gonna guess you will pick up 200RWHP. Check out how cool your blower inlet tubes are with the water ****. :2tu: :usa:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am dying for someone to take detailed, up close pics of the water/methanol kit installed so I can upgrade the Roe supercharger on my scale 1:43 FE GTS, in particular of the lines on the blower itself and the tank/pump out back :p

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have some pics up soon. Larry Macedo built me a real nice custom aluminum pan that the water/****. tank sits in.

There really isn't much to see with this kit though.

CONGRATS VIPEMAD on your setup. Chuck does awesome work and your car looks great!

Reaction score
Simms, thank goodness we have good techs up and down the East Coast. Chuck, Heffner, Tom Sessions, all of the Florida crews (Sean, M2, Levin). I look ofrward to seeing pics of your pan as I have not really decided how I want to put the Poser touches on that area. :) I love the little light and the purge button. :)

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this set up. Kinda seems like it would be a PITA on a long trip, having to keep up with the water/**** level and all. You'd have to fill the trunk with a nice supply unless I'm missing something. Not to mention the possibility of not being able to always find the right mixture. The power gained from this set up is extremely tempting though. If I'm wrong, please correct me because I really want this set up.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank God!!!! I just received my water/**** kit last Wed. I was #27 on the list, so for those who are still waiting, they should be coming soon......Mr.Heffner I will be giving you a call next week so that "you can do your thing" once again!!

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this set up. Kinda seems like it would be a PITA on a long trip, having to keep up with the water/**** level and all. You'd have to fill the trunk with a nice supply unless I'm missing something. Not to mention the possibility of not being able to always find the right mixture. The power gained from this set up is extremely tempting though. If I'm wrong, please correct me because I really want this set up.

There are two options for this issue for those using a VEC2. You can run with water only or install the program in the VEC2 that doesn't activate the system. Also, if you are on a long trip, it's not likely you're under boost and therefore not using any water/**** at all. Mine does not activate below 3.5lbs. of boost. :usa:

Reaction score

My take on this, and judging by my trip home from Tators....you only pump when you boost (this is how I understand it), and there is a little indicator light that tells you when you are pumping (ok, I have a little gauge that tells me when I am boosting as well). On a long trip the likelyhood of boosting a BUNCH is very low (IMHO). Having said that, I don't think long trips are an issue....the driving around town and back on the "closed courses" are gonna kill me. Off to buy stock in ANY windsheild washer fluid maker!! :)

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but you can get methanol from other sources. I recently purchased a 55 gallon drum for $100 (delivered by local source)....which should last me a while. This was from a local racing fuel reseller.

I paid ~ $60 delivered for a 5 gallon drum shipped, with $20 of that being a hazmat shipping charge from a mail order racing fuel retailer. This is pure racing methanl btw. Stuff works like a charm. Check out the turbo buick sites for more info about availability in your state. They have been using this stuff with great success for years. Its where I learned about it.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, if everything goes as planned I should take delivery of my Viper next weekend ('99 GTS). Just typing that last scentence made my heart rate accelerate! This system seems to be a no brainer from the way you guys approve of it. 10 lbs here I come!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have some pics up soon. Larry Macedo built me a real nice custom aluminum pan that the water/****. tank sits in.

There really isn't much to see with this kit though.

CONGRATS VIPEMAD on your setup. Chuck does awesome work and your car looks great!

Well hey, with all of you folks upgrading your Roe unit I can't stay behind with my 1:43 Snake now can I :D

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didn't Sean post earlier that straight water actually had better colling properties than water/****? I thought the **** mainly was for colder weather and we would want plain water in warmer climates.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone posted that Aquamist said water was better for cooling, but it wasn't me.
I did say that water would be fine too.
Coincidentally, I tuned a car this last Thursday and tried both straight water and mix.
I'm not at the shop to pull up the graphs, but the bottom line was that I could make more power and a smoother graph on the mix.
It's the mix for me from now on, unless I'm in a pinch.

Regards,
Sean

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To as an fyi...**** has a shelf life of about 8 months after it's been exposed to air. If you let sunlight get at it, it will shorten it even more.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, how does the methanol degrade, I know it can absorb water from the atmosphere, but if the bottle is sealed that can't happen. Does it change its chemical composition in some way to become "not methanol"....just curious.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Joel I am not sure. I talkd with a chemist briefly some time back about it and also a person who deals with **** in drums. I tried buying a couple of gallons off of him and he didn't want to open up a drum due to the fact of it all possibly going bad.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I need to know more :confused: I've had some litres in a lab bottle for about 15 years now, assumed it would be ok since it is sealed. It looks the same, it tastes the same on the lick test :p , I'll try and find out more.

Reaction score
Tony
When are you going to bring your car out to play?
John

Dude...I just took the wife for a ride today after work!! Scareed the crap outta her!! Car goes into the paint shop Friday morn...I'll be at Genro's on Sat(4/9). I just saw Rick tonight....dropped by so we could trade car covers. He should be ready by then too! :)

S

SUN RA KAT

I've had my kit installed for several weeks now and it really wakens up the Viper. The Roe bottle does go down at the same rate as the gas tank, but could go down a lot faster if driving in race mode a lot - this was with normal driving for me which includes some of the time in too much fun & scarey mode.

I plan on running through the tank of gas I have and then going to the dyno for a Rear Wheel HP & Torque and Air/Fuel graph. The inside of my Corsa 3" Cat Back tips are staying shiney instead of getting a thick coat of carbon black like they did before the water/methanol kit.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no pictures that are more up-close, engine bay as well as trunk :( ??? Come on folks, I wanna upgrade my 1:43 Baby Snake too, maybe it will grow a lot bigger with this addition :p

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper