RT/10 Exhaust

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wanting to do a cheap exhaust upgrade to my 1995 RT/10. I have been reading a lot and it seems the best bang for the buck is the Cherry Bomb(Glass Packs) exhaust. Now I know there are better systems but there is a huge difference in price as well. Everything on my car is stock. I'm looking just to mix it up a little on the sound. I plan on doing more upgrades later as the time goes on. So with that being said this is going to be a cheap temporary fix for a different kind of sound. I currently don't have the funds for an expensive exhaust system after getting a new paint job, powder coating certain parts and ordering the new Auto Form hard top set up. Anyway I have 2 questions. 1. What size Cherry Bomb is recommended, along with the inlet and outlet size that I will need. 2. I have noticed about a 50/50 split on people who say do away with the cats all together and some who say go with high flow cats. I am leaning on doing away with them since emissions is not required where I live. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check w/ Jon B @ Partsrack...On my 95 I had Random Tech high flow cats (which greatly reduced side sill & in cabin heat) & a 3 inch Belanger cat back exhaust...got a great deal from Jon B...not to mention car sounded great and w/ just those additions she put 408 rwhp & 503 rwtq on the dyno...just my 2 cents...

Last edited:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GenI side exhaust is super simple to do, because you don't have to worry about the piping/bends towards the rear. So just weld in some high flow cats and whatever mufflers you want to go with, and you're done. If you don't want to weld yourself, a muffler shop wont charge too much for that.

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I have stated many times on this forum after market exhaust just makes the bad notes louder. Have heard most all systems and nothing seems to improve the sound. You will never get the V8 sound most are seeking.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying to do this, but I know someone who installed a piece of straight pipe where the cat was and a borla xr muffler, man it sounded great and side sills were now cool .

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B&B Exhaust from Roe. Best sounding exhaust period. Eliminates all the bad sounds. Don't go cheap. Enough said.