RT/10 lower sill removal

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just trying to remove to clear out some road debris from these areas.

Started on the driver-side. Removed the 6 bolts on top and the 4 on the bottom (that I could see/find). I used a small flat head screw driver (the end wrapped in cloth) to pop the top plastic caps off, to not scratch the surounding surface.

It doesn't want to release, so I can assume there is another bolt/fastener somewhere that I cannot immediately see. Can someone assist? Also, is there a standard tool used to remove the plastic covers? And, is there an easier way. I intend to blow out and vacuum the inside of the sill/side spoiler cover area. :crazy:

Thanks in advance.

v/r

Scott

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant remember the total # of screws, but I know all are easily visible. You may need a buddy to be on one end and you on the other and just rock it back and forth until it comes off. Took mine off about a month ago, had no probs at all, but I did have help or else it wouldve been more of a pain

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go....

This shows the location of all the bolts.

http://www.viperclub.org/instructions/CorsaInstall.html

Also, if they're still not moving after all the bolts are out, just wiggle them top and bottom. Mine were quite snug under the black door-well cover. They'll come out, just take your time and apply consistent pressure as you pull directly away from the car, horizontally.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easiest way to remove the plastic caps is to use string or **** eater cord. I used **** eater cord, wrapped it around the cap, and they popped right off.

OP
OP
R

RTScott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VJ, KC, Mopar Steve, and Chad,

Thanks for the responses. What a great site this is. Tugged a little and it came right off, 10-bolt head screws total. I like the weedeater idea. I'll try that tomorrow on the passenger-side.

I plan to blow out the inner sill area with compressed air and vacuum then as well. A few minor abrasions on the underside to touch up once I have a shop mix some touch-up. Advice? Should I prep the aluminum before applying the touch-up paint?

v/r

Scott