Rt guys !! Bikini top !

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im having a local Maryland interior shop fabricate a bikini top for my RT. Just to get me through a small rain storm....anyone interested?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the soft top...I am totally interested...and I will pass this along to the other RT guys up here...for GenII's?

Hook us up! Soft top blows, and takes up the entire freakin trunk!

OP
OP
P

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, But im talking about a simple top. Not one that you need a college degree for. When the rain comes, I need a fast top to throw on...doesn't need to be 100% water proof....just something until I get home...Still Confused ?

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I might be interested. It drives me nuts that there's not a top available like the accordian I had for me Porsche targa - small, lite, 20 secs to put on. As opposed to the 40 lb baby elephant rubix cube design from the factory.

Please keep me(us) posted. I'm also in MD.

Dave.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
Being from the Pacific Northwest, are you kidding, of course I am INTERESTED. I assume it will it be constructed to install using the 2 slots in the leather part of the sport bar like the soft top ?? What year is your Viper, and is the spacing and location of the slots the same for all years ?? Also, using the front (windshield) anchor location and "twist" type latches, does the year make a difference?? I know it does for hardtops.
INTERESTED Will look for pictures (soon).
Later,

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will buy one site unseen!!
i love the idea of the bikini top!!
seconds on; just get me home top!!
and then i can reclaim my trunk space!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

what is ball park price?

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodgr makes one for the RT/10, its avalible through Parts Rack for about 80 something bucks. Its quick to put on and stays on in high winds. Have not tried it rain yet, it rarely rains in Calif.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,
I think what you are referring to is indeed the "Bikini" top made by Dodge. It covers the complete cockpit, windshield, side windows et. all. You cannot drive with this on. Many of us have this, and it is great for when the car is parked. I think what John (prevnine11ownr) is referring to is a "mini", if you will, convertible driving top ??

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dodgr makes one for the RT/10, its avalible through Parts Rack for about 80 something bucks. Its quick to put on and stays on in high winds. Have not tried it rain yet, it rarely rains in Calif."

I just called Jon,
The top is NO longer available and it was 89.95.
frown.gif

I'm interested in a Bikini Top, keep us posted.

OP
OP
P

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys....I am going to meet w/ the interior man this week..I will keep you all informed. Trust me ! The sooner we can get that puzzle out of our trunks, the better we will be !

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested. The only "bikini" top I'm familiar with are the ones on the beach - can you better describe what this one is going to be like, distinguishing it from (1) the current soft top, (2) the $90 velcro cockpit cover, and (3) the snap-on cockpit cover?

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in as well. I have the Bikini top which works well for a parked car, but something you can drive with to seek cover would be really cool.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a great idea, when you get yours made put a picture up i would love to see it, since about 3 weeks ago it was nice and sunny so i drove the viper to work, and on the way home, hit a huge thunderstorm and got soaked, of course i left the soft top assembled at home and had taken the side windows and rear window out at home to fit some seadoo parts in the trunk that i wanted to get fixed before the weekend arghh!! A nice fast top would be great!!

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I've been considering this too. Here's an idea: Is it possible to build an accordion-like top like the Porsche that bolts on in place of the front section of the sport bar cover? That would be the ultimate in convenience. It starts raining, you reach up and pull the top closed. I have had my sport bar cover off but I've heard it's really heavy (70 lbs?) when you take it off. When removed, is there a lot of room left?

Just a thought.

--Rob

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bikini Top. Yes. Please no drilling or snaps though. Must install without mods. I cant wait to see one.

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, it's getting near Christmas time and my girlfriend wants to buy me some Viper accessories.

Would be very interested in the Viper bikini top. What's the latest on this new bikini top?

I think I read that PartRack and Mopar no longer sell the bikini top. Anywhere where I can get this still? I like the Viper logo with white background I've seen on the Mopar discontinued model.

2 questions:
1) How small does the bikini top fold? i.e. if I keep softtop and the bikini top in the trunk, is any room left? Tell me your experience if you've got one.
2) Is it pretty quick/easy to install?

Thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang