Running 335's up Front on my 2001

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I thought I would share that with my Forgeline Rims, I am able to run with 335's up front with no rubbing when turning at full lock. It drives just as comfortable as it did with the old 275's on it so I am using them on the street as my daily tires now. The reason I even tried this was because I got an insane deal on new Toyo Proxes RA1's and figured why not give it a shot. The car corners so well it is almost violent! Is anyone else doing anything similar?

I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats:2tu:
I ran 335 all the way around on track day and loved it. it did rub a little in the pits but I'm also lowerd. I liked it so much I did want to use it on the street as well. Share some pics, would love to see it

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool, let's see some pictures, what size rims, and does it still push( understeer),

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick note - The third picture is not showing rubbing, that is from some cleaning spray that I used to wipe down my rims. The last picture is just to show how the rims look on my car, when I took the picture I was running 315's up front.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool, let's see some pictures, what size rims, and does it still push( understeer),
18 inch rims, I am not 100% confident on the width up front but I am pretty sure they are 18x12... As far as understeer goes, I have been able to take our local round-about's at about 35-40 with no loss of traction. I haven't been ballsy enough to push it completely to the limit on the street but I haven't felt a hint of understeer so far. I can say for sure that it is drastically better than how it felt in stock form.

18 x 13's up front too?

No... I am not 100% sure the width of the fronts but I believe they are 18x12

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran 335 x 18s on all four corners on the track and it worked just fine. The only thing was in order to close the hood on my 2000 I had to make sure the wheels were completely straight or in trying to close the hood with the wheel slightly turned would hit the tires and not close.

OP
OP

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much each did you pay
For them
Are you asking me this or SoCal_Rebell?

The rims I bought used from a friend who sold his Viper for a ZR-1. I got them for $1,800.
The tires I bought online for $740 total for 4 including shipping. I then took them to Discount Tire to get mounted and was even able to talk the manager into warranting them despite not buying them from him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960