SANDHILLS 1 MILE SHOOTOUT AND O.R.R. BY SVS

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RussM when last have you wathed Formula 1? Ferrari is 2points ahead of BMW and have lost 3 straight to them. Like i said wake up smell the crap floating your way. DETUNE smells sweet to you doesn't it. I personally hate all the excuses and reasons why they didn't achieve set goals just say next time i will do better without all the B.S. I have no axe to grind with SVS or anyother tuner but DO NOT INSULT OUR INTELLENGENCE WITH ALL THE B.S. Win or lose do it with style!!

Juanmotime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the idea to detune was the right one, how many customers cars were dropped off at SVS to get that "Worlds Fastest Viper" Twin Turbo package? The idea to race on Sunday and sell on Monday has been around for years. With such a strong showing people should be throwing money at you to have their car as fast as yours.

If you ran 220 you'd be so backlogged right now it would take you til spring to get the cars out. The funny thing is that the same car that runs 246 at Bonnevile on 25 psi squeaked out 200 at 7.67 psi in the mile....

It's all Secret Squirrel stuff, but seems a little strange to me.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were some incredible videos. I love it! I want to do one of those. Are there any out west?

Congrats on the Win!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all Secret Squirrel stuff, but seems a little strange to me
well - let's be fair here. SVS made some flamable comments in response to being on the defense from their $m car vs a much cheaper car - but since then they have provided video, dyno graphs, engine temps, boost - what more do you want? The color of the drivers undies? Give me a break! They've disclosed their tune and let it out of the bag that they used lower gears and held it in 5th then rev'd the *** out of it because they could. It did the job.

As to detune - I thought Ron Jr's final response was the most honest and is reasonable. Jr drives that sucker. He has nothing to do with the tune of it and therefore the capability of it on a run other than to get the best from what he's given. Daddy is making those calls - daddy does not want to pick up pieces of son in a collection of plastic bags....

200mph + is not safe territory - don't agree? - try it - I bet 99% of you will **** yourselves and pull out long before the car stops climbing. I've seen a car blow a tire at over 200mph on a highway - it's not pretty. By 200mph you'll start thinking if you are ready to die. Daddy knows they can wind it up but checks out the competition and assesses that 850rwhp should get them home. It proves to be correct - if someone pulled one out of the bag - Jr gets to risk his a$$ and daddy winds up the wick... but why do that if you do not have too. Other teams might - obviously SVS is a little gun shy - so what - they won.

Lets get over it and look forward to the next one when the boost will no doubt go a little higher. May everyone stay safe and have fun!

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the idea to detune was the right one, how many customers cars were dropped off at SVS to get that "Worlds Fastest Viper" Twin Turbo package? The idea to race on Sunday and sell on Monday has been around for years. With such a strong showing people should be throwing money at you to have their car as fast as yours.

If you ran 220 you'd be so backlogged right now it would take you til spring to get the cars out. The funny thing is that the same car that runs 246 at Bonnevile on 25 psi squeaked out 200 at 7.67 psi in the mile....

It's all Secret Squirrel stuff, but seems a little strange to me.

HEY EVERYONE! I think we found the REAL OSAMA BIN LADEN! Its JUANMOTIME disguising himself and afraid to come out of his cave! He's somwhere in a wharehouse in Naperville IL...or is it Dallas Texas. Juanmotime (OSAMA) do you aspire to TERRORIZE SVS and their accomplishments? Do you disguise yourself because you feel your own accolades are not good enough for you. Are you really a shy person who was picked on (I'm a victim :( )and it makes you feel better to hide yourself because you cant stand on your own in front of everyone. All you have is discrediting with nothing to back it up. Stop calling your trolls to get your dirty work done for you because you are so bitter.

I would suggest coming out of your cave and getting some sun......your skin is gray and getting worse. Stop the turmoil in yourself.

Juanmotime = OSAMA BIN LADEN MEANTALITY………. with a dash of Snidely

Funny you should ask!..... because at this time our shop is full, and we are starting a back log. The guys at SVS are tremendously skilled and……..sorry, but we build everything in house for our precision crafted turbo systems. We have had great response from people who understand the TRUTH and what SVS accomplished. Beating the Big cannons(so they say :confused: )...... with a sqeaked out pea shooter. Better tuning.

Our set-up to go to bonneville was around 7 psi. I believe we pushed it to around 10psi. Did you know that the Stryker has the same heads on it since 1997? These are the same heads that we had on when we blew the gaskets at 227mph.(watch the video on our site....that is the run when I blew the gaskets) We put them back on and went on to run 246.742mph. Then we went to the Sandhills with the same engine, same heads.....only lower boost 7.67psi and proved our superior level of tuning. This now equates into our customers new systems.

We actually used right around 10psi to do 246.742.

In Research and Development (Which everyone else says we are the best at) the SVS first rule is:

Sneak up on it. Like a ……“Viper” ……would do to a rat……. in a cave.

I hope this helps all the people that have a problem with the detuning issue.

Research and Development with Information Building = Knowledge = Greater Precision in Performance = Proven Winners and Greater Reliability.

The funny thing is that the same car that runs 246 at Bonnevile on 25 psi squeaked out 200 at 7.67 psi in the mile..

The funny thing is that your explanation of this is misconstrued....and not even close to understanding what happened! :crazy:

Thanks Juanmotime. What is it after the next time…………….jusjuanmotime

Next is the quarter mile. Want it at 7psi, 9psi, 12psi, 15psi which do you prefer? Or which do you think you can handle?

Someone on this board needs to look into juanmotime.

Jr.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see if I can explain this.

When we went to the salt flats we ran in excess of 25psi. That is not stated in the magazine but I have all the Motec data that proves it....

Are you following me? (not really at the moment jr)

The boost ran for over 2 miles above 25psi. and then the gaskets blew. antifreeze went all over the window and I was crushed that I let this happen.

still there? (yes - but I'm real interested in this new info you gave us)

You tell me? How smart are you? Do you think we are worried about running 14psi? In 1 Mile? Jr.

It was 25lb boost you said - now it is 10lb - which is it?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE! I think we found the REAL OSAMA BIN LADEN! Its JUANMOTIME disguising himself and afraid to come out of his cave! He's somwhere in a wharehouse in Naperville IL...or is it Dallas Texas. Juanmotime (OSAMA) do you aspire to TERRORIZE SVS and their accomplishments? Do you disguise yourself because you feel your own accolades are not good enough for you.
That's pretty bad when a formally respectable tuner starts personal attacks and name calling (especially after the devil's "brother"). And because what? He called your cards? That's down right bullsht. That's the lowest I have ever seen anyone go. You ashamed yourself, your family, your company, and fellow Americans. That's f'in pathetic.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shifted too early at around 5800rpm. I was supposed to have shifted somewhere around 7200 to compensate for the drop in rpm's because of 6th gear being an overdrive gear.

So at the point when you get back on the gas in 6th, you are now way to low in rpm to keep your momentum going.

For over 2 miles the car ran against a wall of air that it could not recover from.

Because of the load put on the engine, it overboosted to 25psi for over 2 miles and then the head gaskets blew.(pretty bad but we learned great things from it happening)

It was just like standing still but creating more power.

Under normal load we were at around 10psi.

Since that time we have we have completely managed the boost.

Jr.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shifted too early at around 5800rpm. I was supposed to have shifted somewhere around 7200 to compensate for the drop in rpm's because of 6th gear being an overdrive gear.

So at the point when you get back on the gas in 6th, you are now way to low in rpm to keep your momentum going.

For over 2 miles the car ran against a wall of air that it could not recover from.

Because of the load put on the engine, it overboosted to 25psi for over 2 miles and then the head gaskets blew.(pretty bad but we learned great things from it happening)

It was just like standing still but creating more power.

Under normal load we were at around 10psi.

Since that time we have we have completely managed the boost.

Jr.

Ok Jr - that makes sense - although I've never heard of a setup that would overboost because the engine hit more load.... all the wastegates I've ever used or seen have a max that you preset and they will not boost past that. I don't understand how that would have happened unless you manually wound it up to compensate.

BTW If you didn't have o'rings before that run - I bet you do now ;) That is a strong engine!

Juanmotime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr Stop it you're killing me!

I'm not hiding who's hiding. Hell, I'm here in Naperville. Come on over and pick me up in the Stryker and I'll even buy you lunch for a ride in that badass. I'm near I-88 and 59, it's like 20 minutes from your shop.

I'm a local guy who's been tuning turbo's since before you knew what a turbo was. This is why I know as much as I do about SVS. I looked into you guys years ago when my dad still had his RT-10, after you were mentioned I believe in Car and Driver for either One Lap, or a comparison test, I was thrilled to see a tuner NOT in California. Then I made one visit to your shop. That was all I needed to know. That car is long gone, so I'm sorry but I can't use your services, nor would I want to.

You haven't responded to any of my questions regarding how or who has done your systems over the years. Was that or was that not you I saw many years ago at Byron? Twin Turbo RT-10 with Snakes painted on the intakes.

You were doing so well after Torquemonster, whom I do have respect for, as he seems to be one of the most knowledgable guys on this board, shoved his foot up my ass for breaking your balls. But then, you did what you do best. Opened up your mouth and contracicted yourself once again. To which Torquemonster quickly removed his foot from my ass and stuffed it back in your mouth before you said any more stupid stuff. How did that taste?

Jr. my advice for you, is let the car do the talking. It's not the car's performance, but your BS that gives people a bad taste in their mouth. If you can't tell the difference between 7psi, 10psi or 25psi, I hope they don't let you check the tire pressure before you run.

I normaly only read any of the message boards for information, and stay out of these debates as they are a waste of my time and yours. I look forward to seeing all the SVS cars perform at Maxton. I will not be at Maxton but will be at Sandhills next year for the 1/2 mile. Hope to see you there.

I will stop wasting my time with this and wish you all the best in your pursuit of speed. But do yourself a favor, allow someone who knows what they are talking about to make posts, as this tarnishes your credibility, not the cars performance.

Toodles

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juanmotion you are a BAD, BAD MAN. I hope you wiped your ass before the foot was inserted or JR. will have a mouth full shilt.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe a "respected" tuner such as SVS would act this way on a public forum. I bet daddy would tan Jr.'s hide if he read this thread and saw how his son is dismantling the reputation he no doubt worked very hard to build at SVS. I am blown away.

Jr, do you have any idea how much money this thread has cost SVS?

Chad

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably none. Jr is just responding to the crap being slung his way and I dont see a problem with it. Jr's track record speaks for itself - you want some little meek marketing guy, go chat with a greeter at WalMart.

If you dont want to be treated like a f'n idiot, don't act like one.

Cheers, Jr!

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny how it is the same guys, supporting the same cause, over and over again. Almost like MOB mentality.

Man! these forums can be a strange place.

Jr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21