Saved Her from Distruction

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is JD from Wallingford CT. I have a been a HUGE Viper fan since they came out in 92 and now I'm a proud Viper owner. The first Viper I ever drove was a 02 GTS ACR ROE SuperCharged car so I'm a bit spoiled now. I purchased a 93 RT/10 in August and saved the car from being chopped up for parts. It was involved in a fight with a telephone pole and the pole won. The damage was only to the front drivers side bumper, hood, and wheel. After removing the engine and tranny the frame shop fixed her back up to perfect specs! I did all the dismantling and rebuilding myself so now I have a complete understanding how this car is built. I actually asked the local "viper techs" at the dealership and all they know how to do is an oil change. Thank god for Chuck Tator!!! He will be getting my baby soon for engine upgrades! Bone stock is just not enough for me....like I said before, I'm spoiled! I own a stereo shop here in Wallingford and have a full service shop complete with 2 lifts if anyone needs a hand working on their own car. You can contact me at 203-565-2512.

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad Max,
That is a real nice offer to allow fellow viper owners the ability to use your lifts. I would definitely take you up on that offer, but unfortunately I live in PA. Thanks again tho, for the nice hospitality!!!

Brian

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is JD from Wallingford CT. I have a been a HUGE Viper fan since they came out in 92 and now I'm a proud Viper owner. The first Viper I ever drove was a 02 GTS ACR ROE SuperCharged car so I'm a bit spoiled now. I purchased a 93 RT/10 in August and saved the car from being chopped up for parts. It was involved in a fight with a telephone pole and the pole won. The damage was only to the front drivers side bumper, hood, and wheel. After removing the engine and tranny the frame shop fixed her back up to perfect specs! I did all the dismantling and rebuilding myself so now I have a complete understanding how this car is built. I actually asked the local "viper techs" at the dealership and all they know how to do is an oil change. Thank god for Chuck Tator!!! He will be getting my baby soon for engine upgrades! Bone stock is just not enough for me....like I said before, I'm spoiled! I own a stereo shop here in Wallingford and have a full service shop complete with 2 lifts if anyone needs a hand working on their own car. You can contact me at 203-565-2512.

JD...awesome story and welcome. I live a few minutes away from you. :D I've been looking hi and low for a place where I can utilize a lift on occassion. Heck...you may even be able to sell me a stereo system for the Viper. I will be calling you soon. :) By the way, if you need help working on your Viper let me know. I'll PM you my phone number.

Thanks.
- Tony

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome on board of "Viper Nation" and hopefully you will have your dream car back on the road by spring time!

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony funny thing is your landscaper is one of my customers! Plus your car looks like the one I first drove too. www.MTSCT.com to see it. I may sound stupid here but do I need to upload my photos to photobucket? havent spent much time on forums posting photos. I did a search on how to but its asking for a URL listing. I can post today with some input. Thanks, JD.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony funny thing is your landscaper is one of my customers! Plus your car looks like the one I first drove too. Mobile Theater & Security, Wallingford, CT. [ Website Design by Lifetiled ] to see it. I may sound stupid here but do I need to upload my photos to photobucket? havent spent much time on forums posting photos. I did a search on how to but its asking for a URL listing. I can post today with some input. Thanks, JD.

Small world...yes, Ray & Mike always checks out the Viper when he's mowing the lawn...then they try to up the rates when they see it. :)

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes she is early 93 with an Mach 7 one piece roof and glass windows. Just installed a Viper alarm and remote starter with two way paging up to one mile. Yes I said remote starter! I've been driving her for the past week here in New England and I need it plus its made for standard tranny cars. I'm adding door actuators with gen II handles, gen II hood or autoform one, smooth exhaust covers (autoform), strobe lights, double din navigation and a crazy stereo not seen in a Viper yet! I'm loading pics as I type. will be up shortly.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Mad Max!!!! You are very very generous indeed! A quick way to upload links anyway to your pics, is to hit 'go advanced' in a post, then scroll down to 'manage attachments', upload pics that way, and post the links in a post here! That's the only way I know how to do it, but no, it doesn't show the PICTURE per se, just links TO the pictures! (I found THIS out from a newbie after being on here for YEARS, lol~!)....looking forward to your awesome Viper pictures! WELCOME!
~juli

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see if this works. this is the day I brought her home from IL.
You must be registered for see images

This is the work in progress including the engine removal.
And this is what she looks like today.
dont know why the pics are small. sorry.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOWWWW! YOU DID GREAT posting those pics! It's okay if they're small, that's ALOTTTTTTTA work! GREAT job there! ~juli

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the kind of story i love reading. one in which somebody saves a viper instead of cutting it up for parts or insurance money. my hats off to you.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little help with the pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like you found yourself an early '93. Good find and good save, but don't shave the antenna with all the other mods your doing, it's a rare beast!

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little help with the pics...
don't shave the antenna with all the other mods your doing, it's a rare beast!

Ok how did you do that?? as far as the antenna goes I dont plan on shaving it. I actually thought about making into a power one but I never listen to the radio its XM all day for me. However the sound of those 10 cylinders rumbling is all the music I want to hear. For now atleast. ROE exhaust is coming soon!!! stock is wwwaaaaayyy too quiet!!!!!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mad Max, great story....welcome to THE place for Viper owners! I'm interested in what you do for your stereo...I don't live that far from you - New Fairfield - so you may get another visitor.:drive:

Can't wait to see the pictures.:headbang:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job on the pictures....looks like my Lab took a bite out of your hood...:lmao:

Btw, you can adjust the size of the picture in Photobucket if you go into edit mode.
:eater:

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mad Max, great story....welcome to THE place for Viper owners! I'm interested in what you do for your stereo...I don't live that far from you - New Fairfield - so you may get another visitor.:drive:

Can't wait to see the pictures.:headbang:

I can do whatever you like for a stereo. From Mild to Wild is our motto. Check out my web site www.MTSCT.com click on contact and you can find out how far you are from me. JD

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok how did you do that?? as far as the antenna goes I dont plan on shaving it. I actually thought about making into a power one but I never listen to the radio its XM all day for me. However the sound of those 10 cylinders rumbling is all the music I want to hear. For now atleast. ROE exhaust is coming soon!!! stock is wwwaaaaayyy too quiet!!!!!!

It was easy, there's a code for the thumbnail, and one for the full-size pic. You click the thumbnail to get the full-size pic, and then copy the code there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX