Screwed by Magnecor - lifetime warranty is a JOKE!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the Magnecor plug wires I posted that I bought from Parts Rack, that upon their recommendation I didn't need plug boot protection from heat and they burned up?

Well, Magnecor's been dillying and dallying as I keep calling to check progress as they've had them for over a week now.

Today's solution from them was that there was damage to the insulation on the wire too, and they would have to shorten a few of them.

I said "DO WHAT???"

They said they'd sell me replacements at a reduced cost.

Their lifetime warranty appears to ****, and I told them to throw the wires away.

I have just now gotten over any communication problems I've had in the past with ab, and his wires that have very clear stories of a REAL warranty.

BTW, I hold no issues with Parts Rack. Jon told me what he did about not needing heat shields, and I'm sure he meant no foul by it. We may have our personallity differences, but he would never give bad technical advice IMO, most certainly when he could have sold me the boots I asked about.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya, Dave. And believe, like you, that JonB will NEVER misguide ANYbody. Glad you resolved things with AB, and ***** about the Magnecore wires...they should know they're now getting a 'bad rap' here. (We have MSD wires that we have not installed yet) ~juli

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should be a lesson to EVERYBODY! Ab's wires should be the only ones considered if only for the great warranty that is back by a great guy! :2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
replacements at a reduced cost

lifetime warranty

Those two just do NOT go together, PERIOD!
I had a similar case last weekend where within MINUTES the spray head of the Meguiars Tire Shine bottle broke down, went back to the store where I got it and they had the nerve to tell me that not only were they NOT going to give me a free replacement bottle, but ALSO had the nerve to ask me to pay for a replacement spray head that the guy just pulled off the shelf (which I sure as hell did not, I took it and right under their noses just walked out of their no-good *** joint)?
Some idiots just don't know how to conduct proper bussiness :mad: And by the looks of it they knew full well that they were just hired because they would get underpaid because of their lack of competence.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That blows dave. Unfortunally that's the way it is with performance parts.

Good luck!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would just get a set of Ab quality wires. I dont know why someone would buy MSD or Magnacore when AB makes such a nice wire and has nice boot heat shields as well.

Sorry you had a problem, but in the long run you'll have a better product on your car.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the troubles dave. Shoot me an email and I can get some out to you the next day. Your customer experience is#1 to me. Give me a shot.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BTW, I hold no issues with Parts Rack. Jon told me what he did about not needing heat shields, and I'm sure he meant no foul by it. We may have our personallity differences, but he would never give bad technical advice IMO, most certainly when he could have sold me the boots I asked about...

Just saw this thread:

In addition to the no-charge ceramic boots we provided, and in order to back up what we sell, [the headers, Wires, etc etc etc thank) as well as our tech info, PartsRack will offer you a no-charge replacement set of your choice of:

MagnaCor
AB Wires (limited to our stock on hand, perhaps AB would trade em)
LiveWires Livewires

Please correspond by Email [email protected]

Sorry for the grief you experienced.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this thread:

In addition to the no-charge ceramic boots we provided, and in order to back up what we sell, [the headers, Wires, etc etc etc thank) as well as our tech info, PartsRack will offer you a no-charge replacement set of your choice of:

MagnaCor
LiveWires Livewires

Wow!!!!!!!!! now that's service

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had he Magnacor through Jon B for several years. Headers w/o heat shields but those sock shields at the plug and no problems. GTS Bruce

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will give anyone a no BS customer satisfaction, even if I got to take it on the chin at times. Jon is nice enough to offer what he has but why not the manufacturers? Yes Jon, you can trade up the wires for a different color..no problem on that.

I have a proven reputation and plan on keeping that in place. Don't know about the other manufacturers but I do know ab's wires. Not sure about livewires, but again doing business with me will be easy and you will have confidence I have your back. I am a supporter on here and just a plain car nut.

Thanks for all the support on here and I plan on giving back. My mom always said..you give value and value will come back.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this thread:

MagnaCor
LiveWires Livewires

You have mail Jon.

AB's in red.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give anyone a no BS customer satisfaction, even if I got to take it on the chin at times. Jon is nice enough to offer what he has but why not the manufacturers? Yes Jon, you can trade up the wires for a different color..no problem on that.

I have a proven reputation and plan on keeping that in place. Don't know about the other manufacturers but I do know ab's wires. Not sure about livewires, but again doing business with me will be easy and you will have confidence I have your back. I am a supporter on here and just a plain car nut.

Thanks for all the support on here and I plan on giving back. My mom always said..you give value and value will come back.

AB for president!!!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have been using a set of Magnecor wires that I bought form Jon, Parts Rack, and they have over 10,000 mikes on them with zero failures on my 2003 SRT-10. I believe they are every bit as good as Livewires, or AB's wires when used in the proper application. I believe Magnecor wires are designed to be used as an upgrade to the stock factory OEM wires in a viper that does not have headers. When uses with the spark plug metal factory shields one should have zero issues. If you have headers I would always use AB's wires as they are assembled to handle the extra heat of the header.

One will have to order a set of 13 spark plug wire separators from Dan Lessor, Viper Specialties, as all the above mentioned wires are bigger in diameter than the stock wires. While they can be crammed into the 13 stock separators I would not recommend it. You can see them here at: https://www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=73_35&products_id=149&osCsi d=d55799a1fde1b3fc45603a3a3f82d6e5

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte