Seat Belt Tensioner

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your seat belt tensioner engage when you accelerate hard? It engages as if I have braked hard. Thanks.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is engaged almost ALL the time! Must have somthing to do with my easy going driving technique on the street.
smile.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobK898:
Does your seat belt tensioner engage when you accelerate hard? It engages as if I have braked hard. Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The federally mandated "Inertia reel" belt indeed sneses inertia of all types: forward, backward, and side-to-side / rollover.

Normal.

[ and the main reason why Viper Logo Harness pads are such a nice addition to any Viper interior for just $37/pair! Stop "Belt Bite" and add a splash of color to the interior at the same time.........]

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old post but man I'm learning this first hand this past week...and I'm not even broken in yet! 75% throttle to 4,500 = ACK!

Perusing Jon's site right now...

(For the record, I'm guessing there is no way to adjust these Federally mandated inertia reels? Short of a hammer?)

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In my Final Edition, I had to have the driver side belts replaced because they locked during acceleration but not decceleration. I almost flew out of my seat a few times at Willow Springs. Get your belts looked at.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same trouble on both tmy RT/10 and the GTS could not stand it any more especially with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car, they lock at a junction and you can't come out of the seat to see if its clear.

Only option is speak to John B or Snake Oil and go the full harness route.

Happy Trails