Seat lowering kit-how to?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a 1 inch seat lowering.

Plan to install it this afternoon-anyone have any tips?

I'm not sure how to remove the seat.

Any help is appreciated!!

Bill

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the RT10 it should be easy, i installed one on my GTS a few years ago. The seat is real easy just remove the four bolts and take out. Remove the stock base and install the lowering kit.

The only problem I had (and it was a big problem) was the weak chain that pulls the tooth out when you adjust your seat forward and back. You might want to try and reinforce that. What happened was I installed the lowering kit, put the seat back in, when I tried adjust the seat back, it stretched the chain so it couldn't pull the release that allows the seat to go forward or back. I found out latter when I intalled a kit on my SRT10 (and had the same problem) that many people had the same complaint.

Brad

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only advice I have is to put towels around the sill, and other trim pieces along the door opening so when you remove the seat you don't nick anything with the seat rails.

Also, if you have long legs, check out the clutch pedal lowering kit which pushes the clutch pedal down to the lowest level to match the brake pedal when on it's lowest setting. Sean Roe sells that.

Good luck!