seeking New Tire guidance please

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW (I posted over on your other thread), I am getting the Nitto NT05s for $1,332 + mounting at my local shop (who is not a vendor on this board). That is a good $500 cheaper than my Toyo R888s cost.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Don@TireOption can get you the Invo's cheap. I paid ~$1,350 for my Invo's OUT THE DOOR at a local Discount Tire last year, and will look into Don for my next set.

Reaction score
The Invo's have a good following and the Pirelli's not so much as they don't put the Vipers power down as well. I would not hesitate to do the Invo's if you don't want to spend the $ on the PS2's which may be the better overall choice since they were designed for the Viper originally.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pirelli gets "chunked" to death on the track (road course), PS2s are king.

How much is your car worth? How much is your life worth. In a high performance car like the Viper do not get cheap with tires.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Pirelli gets "chunked" to death on the track (road course), PS2s are king.

How much is your car worth? How much is your life worth. In a high performance car like the Viper do not get cheap with tires.

WhatSoCal Stated.......

In actuality, the tires that save you $200-$250 per SET to buy, end up costing you more than PS-2s per MILE.... the PS2 last a few thousand miles longer, dont chunk-out on bad roads, and can be rotated side-to-side without the expense and time of dismounting. And if you get caught in rain, PS-2 just floor it...... the others make you go hide under a bridge.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WhatSoCal Stated.......

In actuality, the tires that save you $200-$250 per SET to buy, end up costing you more than PS-2s per MILE.... the PS2 last a few thousand miles longer, dont chunk-out on bad roads, and can be rotated side-to-side without the expense and time of dismounting. And if you get caught in rain, PS-2 just floor it...... the others make you go hide under a bridge.

Which others? Pirelli's? :confused:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I go with the well known Pirelli P1 or the Nitto INVO that I am also getting recommended by 2 wheel suppliers? Need your help!

first question.

what are you DOING with these tires?

drag racing?

street?

roadracing?

garage queen?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Invo's are terrible on the track. I compared them back to back with the PS2's, there is no comparison. However, I found it was cheaper to stick with the Invo's on the street and bought a second set of wheels/R888's for the track. At least I tell myself it's cheaper :)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the contact patch of 4 tires being the only thing keeping you "stuck" to the road - get the PS2's.

Most issues come with folks - even experienced folks - getting a little aggressive in the corners. You should want all the lateral stick you can get your hands on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery