Selling the Viper to get the Vette

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mosler say’s that the MT900S will get to 60mph from a standstill in a heartbeat-quickening 3.2sec., and speed through the 1/4mi. in just 11.22sec. at 124.60mph. The Mosler MT900S does 0-100mph-0 in 10.98sec., and the standing mile in 31sec. at 153.2sec. Braking is also incredible with 60mph to 0 in just 100ft. and 100mph to 0 in just 275ft.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you seriously contemplating this idea or is it just a thought? I mean when it really comes down to it the choice is yours but the Vette does not have much character when compared to the Viper. The Viper looks a lot better and Vettes are a dime a dozen. if you are looking at the performance section then you might have a good idea but nothing will compare to the Viper. It is just that it is a........ Viper!

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Brainer Adam!!If You think you get looks with the Viper..I'd rank the **** Factor of a Mosler up there with the Saleen S7 or a Lambo :eek: !
Bolt an ATI on that bad boy with a mild 224 Cam and stage II haeds..and you'll easily push over 600 RWHP !

Cheers

Jeff

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I want Saleen S7 but that is too much $. Mosler looks great for that price plus my old Vette tuners can work on it for $70 per hour Vs Lambo (which I was thinking of) for a lot more than that. I think that it would be interesting to have 2K LBS car with 500HP. I wonder how I would do on the strait with the big guns from DLM?

You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the one in the pic. VERY NICE! :eek: Love that wing and color. From what I can tell, it just seems to be a Corvette with 100 more HP and a different body? Im not sure if alone is worth $110,000.00 OVER a regular Vette price. :p

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear ElDiablo:

What is this I hear about an Exoitic Car Club event in Ootober. Do you know anything about this? Any info would be great.

Thanks again

Keith

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heya El -

I mean no disrespect but if memory serves this about the 3rd or 4th post in the past 6 months that relate to you changing out of your Viper in one way or another. Are you unhappy with your snake or just wanting something new?

No flame, just wanted to see what was driving the push for change...

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus...my friend is getting 1000HP DLM car and I want something that could keep or just be more exotic. My options are: used Lambo (I want to be @ 150K so Mosler is pushing it) Porsche GT2, Mosler and some other cars that I'm driving my wife crazy with ;)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet car them Moslers. Go for it man..Its even rarer than the Viper...You pull up anywhere with that beast and heads will turn....

But just so you know if you dont already...A stock GTS is faster in the mile than the Mosler...30.7 @ 173mph according to a MT article....I think C&D got 31 & 169mph...So its not as fast as stock Viper up top..All that downforce has its toll.....It'll always gonna be quicker from 0-100..After that its all Viper...Id imagine it would kick a stock Vipers ass on the track though..If for no other reason than it suprior brakes and light weight....

You only live once...Have fun...BTW if you do get it, Id stay away from your friends 1000hp DLMonster. You'd have no chance in hell against an SC'ed Viper...Just look at MT at what a stock SRT did againt a "ringer" MOsler...Now imagine double the power...Not gonna be pretty for that Mosler....

If you want a change and looking for something to keep up with your friend[looks wise] for Mosler type money, why not wait for the Ford GT?...Alot more livable than the harsh Mosler and you know what a few mods will do for that engine...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See:http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=35&article_id=2811
On regular street tires (as opposed to the Motor Trend test on Hoosier slicks), the $214,000 Proton version of the MT900S did the 1/4 mile in 11.9@127 (those numbers look familiar) ;) And a simple Sean Roe supercharger would be faster, for a LOT less than $160K.

I actually like the Mosler MT900, and I think that the car's design looks cleaner than the Saleen S7. But most people will see the MT900 as a really cool looking "kit car", as opposed to a Viper which is universally recognized as cool, fast, and relatively rare.

Get a blower, some nice HRE wheels, some BFG drag radials out back, and a set of Stoptech brakes, and you will get excited in your Viper all over again. :cool: :D

Remember, 1000HP is NOT always an advantage in real life when you try and put all of that power to the ground on the street. :p

-Dean.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Hey, what kind of car is that?"

"It's a Mosler MT900"

"Cool, can you put that on any chassis?"

"No, it's factory built"

"Well I mean if you just buy the body"

"No, it's factory built"

"No, I mean I had a buddy who built one of these on a VW chassis"

"No, it's factory built"

"Man, you did a real good job with the interior"

"I told you, it's factory built"

"How much is the kit if you get it factory built?"

"You can't buy a kit, it's factory built and it cost $160,000"

"Man, you must be kidding, You could have had two Vipers"

"I didn't want two Vipers"

"Man, You did a real good job with the interior."

Note:
At this point, the conversation starts over.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car tested in the Motor trend was a prototype. Now the cars are a lot faster. I did not say that stock Mosler has a chance against DLM car but Mosler with SC can do that. Remember Vette motors are a lot cheaper and easer to work on.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you want / need to keep up with your buddy "Jones". Do you think it will "ever" end?

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car and it's gotta fly with those stats but it just doesn't seem like a $160K street car. $110K maybe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960