Selling the Viper to get the Vette

EuG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, that is AWESOME! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love Mosler.
You must be registered for see images

I think has the looks in the same league as McLaren F1, Enzo, but w/o that price tag :eek:

The best part is – as you said – it’s got the best motor – LS6.

I wouldn’t bother with blowers for that thing.
Either do some aggressive heads/cam (~450rwHP) or 427ci if you can swing it (500rwHP)

No additional weight and power to weight will be sick!
You need to take that thing to the road-course, where it belongs I bet nothing could touch it there with so much power/such little weight.

I relly hope you do get it ‘cause I wannt touch that f**king thing with my own hands and go for a ride

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with stupid ^^^^^^^^^^ That car is sweet, even thought I will be waxing that a$$ everytime we go out for a drive ;) Except for twisties :eek:

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus...my friend is getting 1000HP DLM car and I want something that could keep or just be more exotic. My options are: used Lambo (I want to be @ 150K so Mosler is pushing it) Porsche GT2, Mosler and some other cars that I'm driving my wife crazy with ;)

If you must sell the snake, go with the Lambo. True Italian classic!

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe117, you hit the nail on the head! I actually do not like the S7 because it looks so much like the Mosler. And the Mosler... I have followed the evolution of that car throughout the years but it still looks like a kit car to me. It sure is different…

Adam, as for beating the DLM car, good luck. You better pack a lot more than 500rwhp. You know you want the Lambo so why not just get it?

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a "DIEHARD" like some people here. I think it's a little humorus when I see Viper owners say "If I mod my Viper I can beat you, If I did this....." Sounds like many Mustang owners I know. :rolleyes: I understand where you are coming from, I for one am not brand loyal. There are WAY too many Vipers around here, and the gawk fator is no way near what it used to be. The Mosler whould be a faster track car, turn more heads and cheaper to mod. $5K will get you 500RWHP, better yeat a LPE twin turbo 427!! :eek:

As far as it being a "Kitcar", I'm sure it can't be worse than a Gen I Rt/10. :laugh:

To me it's a no brainer, go for it. :D

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about people telling you its a kit car, I don't think you will get that so much.

My first reaction was "Wow, thats amazing, he should get it!".

I'm going to have to bet everyone BESIDES a ViperClub forum is going to have that identical reaction.

Who ever said kit cars weren't beautiful anyway? And you know its not a kit car, and people are going to believe you when you tell them its factory anyway. Especially if you carry around a sales manual for it in your glove box to show people when they ask more questions about it. ;)

Trust me that will turn way more heads than a viper. How would it be as a daily driver? Does it have radio and good AC? Seats? etc etc, I'm very interested.

I'd love to own a car like this one day. This is a definate step up from a Viper.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam..Adam..Adam.. Wait a minute thats my name! LOL

Anyway, If you want the car buy it but Your reason shouldn't be because of what your buddy has! the VIPER is a beautiful high performance car, If your doing it for yourself than fine go for it. Don't trade in your viper just because of what someone else has..THIS IS NOT AN ARMS RACE! LOL besides there is always someone going to be bigger and badder than you!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good. Nice cars all of them! Take your pick.

There is of course another option - if you can't beat em - join em - but go one up. Wait for the upcoming DLM TT - then you can kick ass in a straight line too.

BTW - someone has built a 1000hp Ultima! Power per weight would be insane!

Patrick99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kit car should cost more than 50K. Not even a shelby cobra. That thing gots a stock z06 motor. Big deal. I don't care how lite it is or so forth, keep the viper.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Boy, $160k out there on track day, sweeping turns, high power to weight, hard braking.
Man, that thing can really do the twisties.
Yeah baby, I'll just put that $160k on the line and push it to it's limit.

Come on, how many of you guys would take much of a chance with a $160k car on a roadrace track?

One little mistake and how would you feel? How much fun would that be?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good. Nice cars all of them! Take your pick.

There is of course another option - if you can't beat em - join em - but go one up. Wait for the upcoming DLM TT - then you can kick ass in a straight line too.

BTW - someone has built a 1000hp Ultima! Power per weight would be insane!
Hey I'm first in line for the TT setup :p

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say this but ive seen the inside of this car and it looks totally like a kit car. The a/c setup looks like something from a 70's honda! Look at the dashboard!? dude for 160k you can get a FERRARI 360 SPYDER which smokes the looks of the viper and the mosler. I would hate to try and resale that mosler one day. Good luck man but if it was me and i had 160k to drop on a car it would be the FERRARI. It is a piece of history that will always hold its value and always look as good or better than anything else ever produced.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, how many of you guys would take much of a chance with a $160k car on a roadrace track?

One little mistake and how would you feel? How much fun would that be?

I see it once a month at the track when the "Italian Club" races their cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Pantera). There is a guy who racers his F50 out there. :D

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that "polished vette" have the "torque factor"? :eek:
seems like alot of money to impress the "neighbor" :smirk:
no flame, just my opinion. :cool:

SnakeDreamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mosler is an incredible looking car, but i have to agree that the Ferrari 360 is one of the nicest automobiles on the planet currently. If you have that kind of money to spend, I think you would be HAPPIEST with the Ferrari or the Lamborghini.

I mean come on.....does this not absolutely put the viper to shame?

Reaction score
Maybe look into the Ultima GTR. There is a guy in Colorado running a TT LS6 motor making some crazy horsepower. I think close to 1000. That would be one sweet ride plus you could get it Can Am style and have an open top if you weren't going to drive it all the time.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeDreamer, that Ferrari may be your thing, but I think its appearance pales in comparison to a Gen 1/2 Viper, lots of bad lines on it actually.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I see it once a month at the track when the "Italian Club" races their cars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Pantera). There is a guy who racers his F50 out there."

Yeah, I know there are people who do that. It all depends on how much money is too much to play around with.

The thing here is, he's talking about selling his Viper to get some other car. I might be wrong but that sound's like someone who might not have rock star money to throw around.

I'm probably making assumptions that I shouldn't make. I have no idea how much money he has to risk on track days.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a kit car, it's really not faster than a supercharged Viper, it looks like a kit car, it's not really any faster on a track, it looks like a kit car, it really did not do well in the test mentioned above against the usual competition, it looks like a kit car, and you WILL hear that over and over again. If you wanna move up get a Ferrari. And lastly, I would NEVER buy something like a Mosler unless I knew my exit strategy. Yeah it's this expensive, but with so few sold, can I get out? And for how much? Trust me the market for this car is Warren Buffet, Mr. Bean and about 50 other guys world wide. Do you think they wanna buy used? Nope, the want to go to the factory and play the big guy and customize the thing, they don't want to even think about used. This is like very high end customized offshore boats, guys with the money to buy don't want used stuff. Think about it.