Serious Ride

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there has exercised their SRT-10 as much as I got to do in the last 11 days?

I left for NH from IA on 25 May and returned on 4 June for a round trip total of just over 3300 miles. My peak day was 26 May when I drove from South Bend, IN to Concord, NH for a total of 895 miles. I didn't drive that fast, since I REALLY don't want any tickets - the Snake Oyl cruise worked very well for that. There was a lot of rain on the transcontinental part of the trip so we could only have the top down between Cleveland and IA. There was only one day of rain in NH so the top was down for most of the duration at my destination.

My 19 year old son and I had a great time. I found the seats very comfortable and really enjoyed giving my friends thrill rides. My rear tires are now almost at the wear bars-I'll have to get new ones soon!

So, has anyone else driven more than 895 miles in a day or over 3300 miles over 11 days? The first day started at 5:50 PM so it is actually more like 10 and 1/4 days!!

I forgot to mention, tomorrow is my first anniversary with the car and it has a total of 11,200 miles. A very good first year!!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, has anyone else driven more than 895 miles in a day or over 3300 miles over 11 days? The first day started at 5:50 PM so it is actually more like 10 and 1/4 days!!

Coming home from the Big Bend race last year, I drove 958 miles from Fort Stockton to my home in Colorado. It took me 10 hours, 44 minutes from the time I left Fort Stockton to the time I pulled into the garage, including a break for lunch, several stops for gas and snacks, and long slow 40mph sections over Raton pass and between Colorado Springs and Denver dealing with snow and sleet.

No tickets.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dove my GTS home from Oklahoma, via North Carolinas Smoky Mountains, and my SRT/10 home from NC.
I love road trips in the Vipers. My wife says I shouldn't put the miles on it, but I tell her I'm not preserving it for future owners.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back last thursday from a 7 day trip all over New Hampshire from laconis to the Dixville Notch mountains. I put over 1800 miles in the car and I do drive just about every day in the spring, summer, and fall which accounts for the 13,800 miles on it.
Robbie

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like me when I drove to Miami from NJ. Was about 1300 miles each way, not to mention that 1,000 or so miles I put while I was down there just driving around. It was a great trip and I would definitly do it again. Just got to be careful of all the rocks and bugs. Hard to get off the front bumper.

OP
OP
S

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dove my GTS home from Oklahoma, via North Carolinas Smoky Mountains, and my SRT/10 home from NC.
I love road trips in the Vipers. My wife says I shouldn't put the miles on it, but I tell her I'm not preserving it for future owners.

2005 Silver SRT/10

AMEN!!!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trip was a blast but not the gas bill. I use Stoner orange cleaner and a soft brush to get the bugs off. Check them out at www.stonersolutions.com As for chips I have given up. the paint on my 2003 is really bad as it takes nothing to chip it. DC will not warranty paint.

Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so true, I have lots of them as I drive the house car every day. A small price to pay for all the enjoyment I have got out of my viper.

Robbie

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ditto!!

Every time I see the viper owner brag how they have a 4 year old car with 500 miles and they are PROUD of it, I laugh!!!

Morons!! they don't even know what the car drives like!!

Cars are meant to be driven, they belong on the road and only in a museum when they earn that honor ON THE TRACK.

2005 Silver SRT/10

AMEN!!!!

K

Kaya

I only have 250 miles so far in 6 days of ownership, but I had 40k miles on my 02 Z06 and I will be driving the wheels off my new Viper. Its gonna have plenty of miles. I didn't pay that much for a car to leave it in the garage.

I am not sure I want to spend 12 hours a day in the car cross country because there isn't a lot of room to move around, but I certainly drive mine everyday and wouldn't hesitate to take it wherever I want to go. Fortunately for long trips we have a car trailer.

:)

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The day I bought my current srt goes as follows:

4:30 wake up
6:00 flight to newark
10:00am leave dealership in newark with newly acquired vipe
9:00pm arrive home safe and sound 826 miles later. My ass hurt, my knee was stiff, my stomach felt like crap from the taco bell lunch and mc'd's dinner but all in all a frikkin fantastic day that I woulnt trade for the world.

These cars are meant to be driven. Embrace it and all the joy that it provides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc