Set Of Ramps for the Viper

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a set of ramps for low cars. Still not good.
Is there anyone out there that makes ramps for our Vipers?
Would like to change the oil before putting anymore mileage on the car (546 and counting).

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go buy one 2"X10"X16 footer or a 2"X12"X16 footer and make your own...cut 'em, deck screw 'em together...and buzz the end grains on a 45 degree angle. Make your own pair for under $15.00. I did...

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made 4 ramps out of a 2' 2x12 on top of a 3' 2x12 with a 45 degree bevel on the edges. Personally, I think it needs more than a 45 degree cut. The car still struggles to get up a 45 and it really works the clutch. Only problem is my mitre saw does not go any further than 45 degrees. I suppose a running start would solve that, but I prefer a slow approach when going up ramps. If you want to buy a pair, preferred living has some for 189.00. www.sportys.com They don't have it on their website but you can order the prefered living catalog and its in the automotive section.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses, of course if you pull up to them and try to go up them it will be a little difficult. I back away from them about four feet, line up and coast up them....no problems. Or, spend $200 and waste your money because you don't really need exquisite ramps...

How do you suppose I get my Viper on my 2 post lift? I have to put the front wheels on the wood ramps to get the arms under the frame...and my lift is designed for low ground clearance cars and trucks...

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need to make a cut greater than 45 degrees there are a couple of ways. Use a very sharp handsaw and cut it at any angle by following a straight line from a square across the lumber. It will take 5 miutes a cut with a good saw.
The other way requires a large (15" mitre box)and make the cut with the wood perpendicular to the fence at a 15 degree angle. You can also use a band saw if it is large enough. For a few pieces of wood, an investment of $20 for a hand saw is a cheap price to pay to have it right .

The mohalk 2 post lift's arms fit under the Viper without driving on any wood.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on, Geoff. I made mine from some wood at Home Depot and a regular hand saw, with a nice, gradual angle. I can pull right up and easily move right up in the air. They are great, and thanks go to the person who posted this a couple of years ago whose name I can't remember, but you know who you are. It's so easy to do and works great.

OP
OP
V

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I have pressure treated wood handy.
If someone could post the plans it would make things a lot easier.

Thanks again

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I use for ramps. (Measurements not exact, but very easy to figure out) I made ramps out of 7/8" plywood. I had it ripped at the Home Depot where I bought it into about 16" wide by 4'strips. Then I cut them in lengths about 36", 24", 18" & 12". (2 of each) I'm sure you get the idea...just zap screw them together with shorter pieces going on top. I made four ramps and put stapled a rubber floor mat to the bottom of each ramp to help keep them from sliding. The car only has to go up the thickness of each plywood piece so it is realy easy to drive up on.