Shadow Blue / Silver GTS arrived at a dealer near me

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car but whats up with the wheel gap.

This is the second or third time you've brought this up, including your claim that the gap is smaller on other makes such as Ferraris. You should educate yourself before coming to such erroneous conclusions. At ALMS Laguna Seca, I measured the wheel gap of a Ferrari 458 and a Gen V Viper. Guess what? The Viper's gap was smaller than the 458's, front and rear.

Ferraris have threaded height adjusters, as does the ACR. It would have been nice if the Gen V did too. I will be investing in lowering springs if it doesn't degrade handling or comfort appreciably. I've lowered every performance car I've owned.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly the Italia is super pretty but I have four friends with them in red, black, yellow and white. yawn. Pretty sure I'll be the only guy rolling up in the new GTS this season

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the second or third time you've brought this up, including your claim that the gap is smaller on other makes such as Ferraris. You should educate yourself before coming to such erroneous conclusions. At ALMS Laguna Seca, I measured the wheel gap of a Ferrari 458 and a Gen V Viper. Guess what? The Viper's gap was smaller than the 458's, front and rear.

Ferraris have threaded height adjusters, as does the ACR. It would have been nice if the Gen V did too. I will be investing in lowering springs if it doesn't degrade handling or comfort appreciably. I've lowered every performance car I've owned.
I've just come to expect that any time there are photos of a Gen V in a thread someone will post about the wheel gap and/or the panel gap. Seriously, it's every single thread!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly the Italia is super pretty but I have four friends with them in red, black, yellow and white. yawn. Pretty sure I'll be the only guy rolling up in the new GTS this season

Oh yes, your Viper is going to be one rare machine at the rallies. There are neighborhoods in my area where 10 minutes won't pass before seeing the next Ferrari. And Porsches? Like Camries. Vipers, on the other hand? Maybe once every few months you'll catch a glimpse, and they are always stunning.

As an aside, I happen to be in Italy on vacation. I've been here for over a week and have only seen two Ferraris (both at Lake Como), no Lambos or Maseratis, and I've seen two 911s. That's it. I thought this would be the supercar Mecca, but I guess they sell most of them to us and the UAE.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just come to expect that any time there are photos of a Gen V in a thread someone will post about the wheel gap and/or the panel gap. Seriously, it's every single thread!

Usually some ****** trying to justify to himself and others why he bought a lesser car, because his wife wouldn't give him permission to buy what his soul really wanted... a Viper!!!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an aside, I happen to be in Italy on vacation. I've been here for over a week and have only seen two Ferraris (both at Lake Como), no Lambos or Maseratis, and I've seen two 911s. That's it. I thought this would be the supercar Mecca, but I guess they sell most of them to us and the UAE.

Italy's luxury car sales have gone down the toilet, because the tax inspectors have started looking into the driver's incomes by doing an on the spot 'inspection/audit' of nice cars on the road.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/10/19/italy-luxury-car-taxes.html

I don't think it's a good policy, but it's also not good to have let so many cheats get away without penaliy for so long. All the luxury cars have gone into hiding in Italy and Greece.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Say what!!! Please post were I said that. I did mention the gap on the tail gate. You must have me confused with some one else. Also me and my wife went to the New York auto show so I could look at the car. I will wait until they get the kinks worked out. Looking at trading my 11 Z4M in on a 14 Porsche Boxter S. And yes it's not a Viper. And yes I still own a Viper just not as nice as yours.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what!!! Please post were I said that. I did mention the gap on the tail gate. You must have me confused with some one else. Also me and my wife went to the New York auto show so I could look at the car. I will wait until they get the kinks worked out. Looking at trading my 11 Z4M in on a 14 Porsche Boxter S. And yes it's not a Viper. And yes I still own a Viper just not as nice as yours.

You're right, you're the guy that complained about not just the wheel gap, but the panel gaps multiple times. I have been trying to figure out why you come to the Gen V board, when all you have contributed is a constant stream of complaints about the car. You chose a diesel Porsche over the Gen V, a bizarre choice over a Viper in my opinion, but that's your decision. You seem to be compelled to stick around and nit-pick a car you never intend to purchase, why? Here are some of your recent Gen V posts, which speak for themselves. Plenty more mud-slinging from you in the past, but this should suffice:

----------------------

That Criswell badge is huge, but what's with that trunk gap?

Nice car but whats up with the wheel gap.

What the hell is SRT thinking!!!! Sorry but I don't think this Gen is going to last long.

I think Dodge sorry SRT should rethink there pricing. My opinion on the car is its a Gen 4.5 with Ram/Dart parts for a interior and a new carbon fiber extiorior with huge body panel gaps.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Lets please keep this thread on track and get back to the topic at hand.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize to the VCA forum staff. Love the car. This is an open forum and everyone has a right to their opinion. With that said, it is unfortunate that no post on the Generation V forum is not complete without the same repeated derogatory comments on the car. I am not saying the car is perfect(none are) but find some other points on the car to discuss. For example I had a sapphire blue Generation 2 GTS. No stripes. Cognac interior. Never liked the car. Wished I had bought one with black interior and the silver stripes.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
........................:rolleyes:Back to the original topic, the only problem I see, is the 15k mark-up.
-And that these 'non-sold' dealer allocated cars are showing up before the special ordered cars that guys have money down on.

Policy Limits dude, I applaud you for sticking it out for your ordered car, and I agree about the stripes.
Stryker Red does not need any accessory or embellishment of any kind as it looks so killer, it can stand on it's own.
I know that Viper stripes are iconic, but this color is on a whole new level of cool.

Also, regardless of 'price' or whatever, I think the gen V Viper will not be 'looked down' on in any circle of friends with elite cars.
Anywhere you guys go, on a cruise, golf course, dinner, .....one guess as to which car will garner all the attention.
(that will really bum out the guys that spent 300k or more on their trophy cars.)

..................if you even care about that sort of thing.

I am looking forward to your posts about how great it is when you get your Viper.

but remember,....watch out for cops. ...........they are gonna be pulling you over a lot just to check out the car.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah its weird. There's another new thread about Shadow Blue Pearl with pics of the same color stripes but its an SRT car. Oddly I like the stripes better on the SRT than on the GTS. Seems odd as it is the base model. Lots of people think that stripes are historic and traditional on the snake but if memory serves me correct, the original Gen had solid color without stripes at all.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original RT/10's in 1992 were solid red. The first GTS's in 1996 did have stripes (Blue/White).

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's your solid one if you haven't seen yet

You must be registered for see images attach

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually solid srt intrigues me more than solid gts for shadow blue

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's your solid one if you haven't seen yet

You must be registered for see images attach

The dark blue batmobile!!!!!!!!! That thing is sick! & exactly how I pictured it. Coming soon to New England.........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang