shaving tires who to? where to go ?

Darell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
have two sets of tires that are like new that are now flat spotted, where can I get them shaved and trued?

im located in Kansas

thanks
Darell

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just do a burnout....it seems to work.

getting someone to shave tires that have been on the ground can be a challenge.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy new. By the time you shave them to meet the flat spot. Tire life will be wasted anyway.

Call Jon B @ Partsrack.com , he'll hook you up..

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard about people placing square patches of scrap carpet under the tires of stored cars for this very reason. I'm not sure if this really helps prevent flat spotting or not, but it's worth a try in the future.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
have two sets of tires that are like new that are now flat spotted, where can I get them shaved and trued?
im located in Kansas
thanks Darell

FLAT SPOTS from Parking a long time are NOT a problem. They spontaneously go away as tires warm up. Flat spots from BRAKE LOCKUP are another matter.

Most vendors WONT shave used tires.....the inevtible gravel in used tires ruin the expensive shaving blades...

V

Venomiss

im located in Kansas

thanks
Darell

Maybe check with Jerry Dobson. He may know of someone reputable for the tires.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is it Darrel? Did you lock up the brakes for a significant period of time causing a REAL Flat Spot.

Or did you just leave your car sitting causing a temporary compression/deformation of the tire?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang