Shelby GTS CS

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there only ever 1 Shelby Viper GTS CS built? There was about 12 of the supposed 25 built of the RT/10 CS (i think). I have been told and read on the web that 1 was only ever built and i have only ever seen 1 picture (i have it on my website). Is it such a rare vehicle? Also, did Fitzgerald Motorsports -Dealer have anything to do with this car?

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CS package was more than cosmetic.
If you contact Fitzgerald they may fax you a brochure with details.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To: ORECA GTS-RT I think there were 19 GEN1 built in 1995/96 and 1 GenII 1997GTS/CS built by FITZGERALD Motorsports with Carroll Shelby's Blessing and official badge #s. The 1997GTS has 18 wheels,racing seat belts,leather interior,custom mats, custom front nose,(grill removed, looks like the old Cobra's) side vent covers. Car is red with gold stripes. It also has exhaust mods, airbox mods, computer mods, higher rear gear. The car is always being photographed at Viper events. If you would like more info/pics please E-mail me. Tim To: Mark O. When I purchased the Shelby Viper, I had my choice of any viper. I chose the Shelby Edition for it's looks,appearence and added features. I am not sure what your beef is , but this is the second time you have dissed this car. Perhaps you couldn't afford the premium $$ for the Shelby,or maybe your jealous of the attention it gets from the rest of the club and other non-owners. I don't know, and I don't care what your problem is, But, if it makes you feel good, and look small,keep dissing it. Have a nice day!

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TO MARK: All of the work that was done to build the Shelby Vipers at Fitzgerald Motorsports was collaborated and approved by Carroll Shelby. Dan Fitzgerald has been a personal friend of Mr. Shelby for over 35 years. Fitzgerald Motorsports is the only dealer who is authorized to build Shelby Vipers. P.S. There are no emblems on the rear. If you need to know more facts before you preach-just ask. To Tony: Yes I still have the side sill covers. I was going to bring them to the fall foliage run at Fitzgerald's, but couldn't at the last moment.Please contact me if your still interested. Thanks,Tim

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, (Vipermad)
Am I reading Mark O's post correctly...you will be climbing into a black and white?? Putting on a shiny new badge?? Pulling over us Viper owners for minor bs??? Please p/m me about this
smile.gif

Laura

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
And actually, Fitz's didn't do the body work. Chassis Motors in Laconia did.

They even pulled out some pics of when they were doing the conversions.

Would like to see one in person. SNKBYT, pull that baby out of the garage and bring her up my way will ya?
smile.gif

Chassis Motors offered to give my front fascia the same treatment. Something I'm still thinking about actually...

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Mark: I stated in my original post that the car was built by Fitzgerald motorsports with Carroll Shelby's blessing. 2nd post-" work was done at Fitzgerald Motorsports collaborated and approved by Carroll Shelby. What is your problem? Can't you read? I'll say it again! The car was built by Fitzgerald Motorsports with Carroll Shelby's Blessing and Collaboration. This car has an Authentic Shelby plaque on the firewall with the original Dodge V.I.N. These Shelby cars are unique in the fact that they were modified outside of Dodge by Fitzgerald Motorsports with Carroll Shelby's collaboration/approval. These are different from Dodge vehicles manufactured by Dodge with Dodge Shelby options: I.E. Durangos, chargers, etc. They are also different from Shelby vehicles manufactured by Shelby Automobile: Cobras, Series one,Shelby Mustangs,etc. Perhaps you could say that these vehicles are more personalized by Carroll Shelby himself due to the limited number built vs Dodge cars with Shelby's option package that were not built by Shelby Automobile. I hope this helps answer your question. It sounds like you might have a problem with Carroll Shelby or Dan Fitzgerald, maybe you could enlighten us, since this is the 2nd time you publicly displayed your dislike for this vehicle. The first time I privately e-mailed you a response. Many people pay premiuns to upgrade/personalize their vipers. Some choose cosmetics, some choose performance, and some choose to do both. If we later decide to have a plain viper, than we can strip off the parts that we paid a premium for. I'm sorry that you feel that that it's not worth it, but its our choice! Have a nice day! Tim

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does that mean that Eddie Bauer didn't personally stitch the seats on his version of Ford's Explorer?

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
No Johnny, I'm sorry but he doesn't.

And Johnny, I'm not sure how to tell you this son, but there is no Easter bunny either.

heheheh

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ref: from previous post.
This car has an Authentic Shelby plaque on the firewall with the original Dodge V.I.N. These Shelby cars are unique in the fact that they were modified outside of Dodge by Fitzgerald Motorsports with Carroll Shelby's collaboration/approval.

These are different from Dodge vehicles manufactured by Dodge with Dodge Shelby options: I.E. Durangos, chargers, etc.

They are also different from Shelby vehicles manufactured by Shelby Automobile: Cobras, Series one,Shelby Mustangs,etc. Perhaps you could say that these vehicles are more personalized by Carroll Shelby himself due to the limited number built, vs Dodge cars with Shelby's option package that were not built by Shelby Automobile.

New Post:

Mark, please read the posts again. I'll try once more.
Lets see: Car leaves Dodge,purchased by Fitzgerald Motorsports,
Fitzgerald Motorsports modifies car with Carroll Shelby's Input:
Retains Dodge V.I.N. Fitzgerald adds authenticity Shelby plaque. (Didn't I say this before?) Factory probably not aware of mods, still titled and registered as a Dodge Viper. Is it a real Shelby Viper? WE think so. Carroll Shelby, Dan Fitzgerald, and myself, and all the other owners of the CS vipers. Please inform us if it is not REAL. Is it a Shelby Vehicle, manufactured by Shelby Automobile at the Shelby plant? No. Oh,that's why it has the Original Dodge VIN, And the Shelby plaque of Authenticity on the car, and the letter of Authenticity signed by Carroll Shelby and Dan Fitzgerald. I hope this really answers your question.
P.S. I'm glad you changed your opinion, and now knowing that you like the car, perhaps you won't Dis it again. I quess we will have to wait and see. Have a nice day. Tim

OP
OP
O

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just wanted some info on the cars, not a verbal war, chil out. I'm sure we can all agree that SNKBYT's Shelby Viper is a very unique car and it does attract a lot of interest so lets leave it at that hey
smile.gif

SNKBYT, you have to post some pics or mail them to me. Love to see em!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang