Shelby Viper GTS/CS

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the New England site and do a search as a new england VCA member is the owner he actually took 1st place in the exotic car show this year and there maybe photos in the video that was posted.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a chance to see this car in person, amazing machine. It was right next to my car at the Pound Ridge show this year, we all met up before hand at Tators. I didn't even know that car existed. Chuck's post on the show in the NY/CT section has a link, there are a couple pics of it from the show I believe.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat car, historically. Can't say I'm a fan. The exterior would be good without the stripes or with better stripes, but that interior just doesn't do it for me. At least the S/C car has a nice batch of mods. Thanks for posting... I never knew about this car.

OP
OP
O

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but I am looking for better resolution images of the original images. I'm glad the owner took the time to acknowledge the car and get some history shots :)

I know that the car is now ROE supercharged, performance modified, most likely, the way Carol would like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keWwfheFxsk

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last i saw this car was at the North east exotic car show.. Great looking car and real down to earth owner.....

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a gen2 with the front grate thingy cut out

That's what I was thinking too but the opening looks different. I guess it's an optical illusion.

I don't know how I feel about the painted stanchions and matching hood top speaker vent things...:dunno:

Looks like they matched the valance by the wipers too.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too but the opening looks different. I guess it's an optical illusion.

I don't know how I feel about the painted stanchions and matching hood top speaker vent things...:dunno:

Looks like they matched the valance by the wipers too.

what he said...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed that the wiper arms are painted too. I guess I'd have to see it in person next to a stock red 98. Certainly some interesting custom styling cues.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... it has significance if it's tied to Shelby. I was actually just watching the Barret Jackson special that features Carrol Shelby.

JENJGTS97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I can shed some light on the origin of this car and some others. I bought my 1997 GTS from Fitzgerald Dodge in Laconia, NH. In the early days Dan Fitzgerald was the king of Viper sales. I went to his dealership and talked with him in 1997. He showed me a car like this one and at that time I think he had a couple in his lot. I believe he stated that he a personal connection with Carol Shelby and Carol was doing some of the work or supplying some of the parts for this model. This was an optional car model that only Dan had available in 1997 -1998. The real accurate history can be traced back to Fitzgerald Dodge in Laconia. At that time I believe they were selling an astonishing 30-50 Vipers a month and shipping them all over the country. Sorry if I have not got all the details completely accurate but as you get older conversations you had 14 years ago don't always come back easily. Hope this helps and maybe somebody else can supply some more of Fitzgerald history. I still have my B/W 1997 GTS with 27,000 miles. It came from Fitzgerald in Jan. of 1998 and was shipped from NH to Mass.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was only one Shelby GTS S/C( 1997) version made. There were 19 of the 95-96 Shelby CS Gen 1 made in three colors. White with blue stripes, blue with white stripes and one black one. The front grill was cut out (both models) and opened up to give it the Shelby Cobra look. The stripes were similar to the Cobra. These cars were done at Fitzgeralds Motor Sports in Laconia NH. Dan Fitzgerald is a personal friend of Mr. Shelby. Fitzgerald Motorsports did the Shelby conversion with Carroll Shelby's collaboration. Orinigally, 50 of the Gen 1 roadsters were to be built. Then when the Gen 2 GTS came along, they were going to do 25 of each. However, due to Carrol Shelbys Health condition in 1997/98, all worked was stopped on these cars. Thus, only one GTS was produced. I have known Dan Fitzgerald since 1995 when I purchased my first viper from him. This is how I met him and stayed in contact with him for many years. When the first Shelby GTS Viper was made, Dan offered it to me. I have owned it ever since. A few years ago at VOI in Detrioit, there was a slide show of collectable vipers.There was a white/blue Gen 1 shown. I later had a conversation with Ralph Giles on on collectable vipers and he said your GTS, " IS A KEEPER"! So I return it to its original Shelby form (removed the bolts ons) and then added a 09 ACR tp play with. I now Show the Shelby GTS Viper at Car Shows. It has been featured at some Shelby themed shows as well as being At Shelbys Headquarters in Vegas during the VOI 5. I hope this helps. I will try to answer any questions about these cars. I have many photos, and a couple of the original Shelby Brochures as well. I also still have Contact with Dan Fitzgerald who may have all the answers.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended a Snakes Alive car show two years ago. It was held at Blockers HD shop. Great show. Very friendly group. Was warmly welcome. Also had the opportunity to tour the owners Beautiful house and his huge garage filed with automobilia and some really nice cars. Also had a chance to view his prized Shelby Cobra.
Is the the same Snakes Alive show you (V10enomous) are refering too? Love to go again. Does any know the date this year?

OP
OP
O

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was only one Shelby GTS S/C( 1997) version made. There were 19 of the 95-96 Shelby CS Gen 1 made in three colors. White with blue stripes, blue with white stripes and one black one. The front grill was cut out (both models) and opened up to give it the Shelby Cobra look. The stripes were similar to the Cobra. These cars were done at Fitzgeralds Motor Sports in Laconia NH. Dan Fitzgerald is a personal friend of Mr. Shelby. Fitzgerald Motorsports did the Shelby conversion with Carroll Shelby's collaboration. Orinigally, 50 of the Gen 1 roadsters were to be built. Then when the Gen 2 GTS came along, they were going to do 25 of each. However, due to Carrol Shelbys Health condition in 1997/98, all worked was stopped on these cars. Thus, only one GTS was produced. I have known Dan Fitzgerald since 1995 when I purchased my first viper from him. This is how I met him and stayed in contact with him for many years. When the first Shelby GTS Viper was made, Dan offered it to me. I have owned it ever since. A few years ago at VOI in Detrioit, there was a slide show of collectable vipers.There was a white/blue Gen 1 shown. I later had a conversation with Ralph Giles on on collectable vipers and he said your GTS, " IS A KEEPER"! So I return it to its original Shelby form (removed the bolts ons) and then added a 09 ACR tp play with. I now Show the Shelby GTS Viper at Car Shows. It has been featured at some Shelby themed shows as well as being At Shelbys Headquarters in Vegas during the VOI 5. I hope this helps. I will try to answer any questions about these cars. I have many photos, and a couple of the original Shelby Brochures as well. I also still have Contact with Dan Fitzgerald who may have all the answers.

Thanks for chiming in, it's a beautiful car!